We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort?????

ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which resort?????

Hi,

I have never been to Lanzarote. I have been to other islands. We are a group of four adults. Looking for somewhere that isn't a crazy nitelife resort but still has nice mixture of restaurants, bars, beaches. Prefer less crowded beaches.

Any advice re the different areas would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which resort?????

Hi,

Just been researching. Playa Blanca seems nice. I would love to know what are nice areas to stay in please? Thx :)

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which resort?????

To be honest any of the resorts (Playa Blanca, Costa Teguise or Puerto del Carmen (PDC) ) would suit - that is why Lanzarote is the only place that I'd ever go 'allocated on arrival'.

My personal favourite is Playa Blanca, and my preferance would be to be near to the marina and Dorada beach. However, from what you say, I'd also consider the Matagorda/Los Pocillos area too - bang on a big, quiet beach, a good mix of bars/restaurants nearby, and 5 mins/a couple of €s in a cab (or a nice stroll with a few stops for refreshments) to the strip in PDC and the harbour area.

ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which resort?????

Hi,

Thanks. Gosh, I haven't had time until tonight to have a little look again at villas. We stayed corralejo in Fuerteventura last year and liked it. Ideally we like somewhere not too quiet but not rowdy either where there is a good selection of restaurants etc and newer modern accomodations. Thanks for your help. :)

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,313 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which resort?????

We've only stayed in Costa Teguise (twice) and not had a chance to go to the other resorts yet but CT certainly has a good selection of bars and restaurants and isn't rowdy (well at least not when we've been there).

ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Which resort?????

Hi,

Well tonight I'm focusing on Costa Blanca but as I'm only familarising myself with the island over the net that could very well change and I may shift focus to Costa Teguise which looks nice too. Thank you very much.

Would anybody know anything about Montana Roja in Costa Blanca?

My dad will travel with us and he likes to lounge by the pool during the day so wherever we stay I'd like it to be quietish and safe and not really busy with noisy kids. No offence to anyone. I do like them but a bit of peace and quiet is nice too. :)

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,313 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which resort?????

Hope you find what you're looking for penny :)

Make sure that you go on a couple of trips too.......Lanzarote is a beautiful place and I can't wait to go back (whenever that may be?) .....

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,981 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which resort?????

Hope this link helps with Playa Blanca Penny, pictures help

…forumsmotion.com/t625-canary-islands-lanzar…

ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Which resort?????

Thank you all so much for your replies. I have been busy with friends weddings and the like so am only starting to research accomodation this week. I will post back when I figure out which place I am going for.

Playa Blanca is looking good. Puerta del Carmen seems to be the busiest nightlife area.We are youngish and love nightlife at home but on hols tend to prefer to relax and have dinner and a few drinks after.

I presume Costa Blanca is decent enough for that? We stayed in Corralejo Fuerte before and it was decent enough with a fab beach out the road which was huge and not too busy because of it's size.

We are not beach lovers but it's nice to take a dip for an hour.

So I'm looking for the above kind of resort with a decent beach, nice restauraunts, not overcrowded with kids and drunken louts.

Finally can I ask is Puerto Del Carmen a seperate resort to Playa Blanca?

Thanks a mill. :)

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,634 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which resort?????

There are 3 main resorts. Puerto Del Carmen, Costa Teguise and Playa Blanca all of which are quite away apart. This map may help show you where they are in relation to each other.

…world-guides.com/lanzarote_maps.html

We go to Playa Blanca at least one a year. Plenty of good restaurants, the number of kids will depend on when you go and never really seen any drunken louts. Three beaches. Playa Dorada and Flamingo being the biggest two. I've not been to the Flamingo beach for a while, but the Dorada is a nice beach with beach bars, sunbeds and some watersports if you want them.

We always stay in a villa on Los Calamares which is in a good position but quiet. Some villas are residential, some are rented out privately.

ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Which resort?????

Hi Sun Addict,

Thanks for that. Will have a look at that soon and report back.

Thanks ,

Penny :)