We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flights

Whats the best time of year book flights to Lanzarote for the cheapest price?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights

As soon as they are released. If you see a price you are happy with get it booked. Prices do fluctuate but usually increase the closer you get to departure

Caz.

Dumfries, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights

I agree, we find them cheapest as soon as they come out. We booked our flights to Lanza for 30th Dec 2012 the day they came out and paid £560 for 4 adults and 1 child, the same flights now are £1,350!

Ailsa

Johnstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights

Rarely do you get a good price on a last minute deal for flights, they figure that you must be desperate and they have probably already sold out 90% of the plane therefore made their margin so it will cost you.

Book as early as you can when you see a price you are happy with.

EDIT

Pretty vague question right enough. Do you mean the cheapest time to visit Lanzarote or the cheapest time to book flights for a specific time?

Edited: 06 September 2012, 23:19
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights

What I mean is I want to go back to Lanzarote in July next year and I was wondering when would be the best time to book the flights i.e as soon as they become available or should I wait and see if they go down?

liverpool
Level Contributor
847 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights

i'd personally book them as soon as they are released, booked our march one yesterday as soon as they came out, checked last night (just being curious) and the price had gon eup by £21 each!!!

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights

I agree , this past February I started looking at prices for flights for my parents for Lanzarote , and for my family for Tenerife , they started off at a decent enough price but as the months went on the price went up .

I booked our flights at the end of February for around 1160 euros for four adults, including two checked suitcases , by the time we left at the end of July the same flights were almost 1700 euros .

You are better off keeping an eye on when the flights are released , as you are located in the south of Ireland like myself you are usually limited to Aer Lingus or Ryanair so keep your eye on their release dates :)

regards Deedee

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights

Thanks I'll defo keep an eye out for when they release the summer schedule and book straight away.

8. Re: Flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2013, 10:15