We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bono Bus New Smart Card

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Bono Bus New Smart Card

I a reading that a new Bono Bus electronic card has been introduced recently in Lanzarote.

I am used to the old card style cards.

I understand that the card bought on the bus only gets you a 10% discount and to get a 20% discount you need to register the card at the bus station in Arreciffe.And there is a 30% discount if you are a senior.

Can someone clarify:

Do you now need a Bono Bus for every person, the old one you could share.

Do you need a photo to register for to get the 20% discount or is this just for the seniors 30% discount

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bono Bus New Smart Card

Hi

No you can still use the one card for different passengers

To register for the 20% you must take the card to the main bus station in Arrecife and register it there

To register for 30% discount you MUST be RESIDENT on Lanzarote and fall into one of these groups

....pensioner...disabled.....unemployed......student...or large family

To obtain this you must take proof(inc photo I.D) to the Cabildo building in Arrecife NOT the bus station.

The old style cards no longer have any value as they have been replaced by the newer ones....costing 2€ to buy initially......after the 1st of Jan 2013 the top up values will change to multiples of 5€.

2. Re: Bono Bus New Smart Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 00:17