We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from Shannon

ireland
Level Contributor
243 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Flying from Shannon

Anyone fly from Shannon with Ryanair lately?

We're hoping to go back to Playa Blanca in late September/early October but the fligts seem really expensive for that time of the year - working out at €300 return.

Is this excessive or am I just being unrealistic in what I think I can get the flights for!!??

Not really an option going from anywhere else as we're only 30 minutes from Shannon and will be travelling with a 2 year old and a baby.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote, Spain
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
38,560 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from Shannon

Flights have gone up a lot this year, with all airlines! I was looking for September flights in October last year, and they were £600 for 2 with Monarch from Manchester. I booked with Jet2 for just under £500, and they've gone up £120 since.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
ireland
Level Contributor
243 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from Shannon

300 euro doesn't look so bad so..

Of course it is with Ryanair so by the time they charge me for baggage, paying, walking, sitting, breathing etc it will probably be double that..

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from Shannon

Flying Cork - Lanza with Ryanair next week, we booked our flights about 5 wks ago and we're paying €480 incl 1 checked in bag for the 2 of us. Thought it was quite steep considering its off peak, between midterms and easter but will be worth it for the sunshine. In my experience of going to Lanza the last 7/8 years, the later its left to book flights the more you are likely to pay Stationmaster

ireland
Level Contributor
243 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying from Shannon

Yea, think you're right Tracey. Might just give it a few more weeks and bite the bullet then.

shannon
Level Contributor
138 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying from Shannon

I have been checking flights for a while now from Shannon for mid Sept and they're showing approx 380 each I have also checked flight only with several tour operators Sunway, Direct holidays etc and they're quoting 430 both I think are quite steep in general I think the prices this year have really gone up the cheapest package I can find for 1 week self catering in apt is approx 600Euro but I know it will be well worth it can't wait to go back there better get it booked soon....

6. Re: Flying from Shannon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 07:15