We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lanzarote in November??

denmark
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Lanzarote in November??

Hello. We are considering going to Lanzarote the first week of November - can anyone tell me what to expect regarding the weather - and is it possible to swim in the pools or sea without having to freeze (we have a little one age 3..)?

We have also considered Fuerteventura - but I have read that it can be quite windy that time a year ...

Thank you all

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,316 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lanzarote in November??

Difficult to say, it can be really good, but two years ago it wasn't so good. This last year we went at the start of December and the weather was excellent. However, on one of the coach trips we went on , the rep told us it had rained a lot for the previous two weeks .

So pot luck really but the sun will be warm when it's out for sunbathing, swimming pools can be cold as many have said on here unless they are heated. The islands are in the trade winds but in general, we have not found them too much of a problem in Playa Blanca.

PS other November have been fine for us

Edited: 14 May 2013, 08:14
Kent
Level Contributor
6,151 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lanzarote in November??

been twice in nov, to pdc 2011 and ct in 2012, 2011 was better weather wise, 2012 had some rain and clouds but was still hot, really pot luck as to what you get, sea/pool i don't go in even in the height of summer so can't help there, pdc is more straight up and down and ct more mooching about various directions, both nice with good restaurants

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,316 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lanzarote in November??

yes forgot to add, you will need a cardigan in the evenings, as it can get chilly after the sun goes down but the bonus is you don't need aircon to get to sleep at night

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
901 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lanzarote in November??

As previous posters have said 'It is pot luck'. We were lucky too in November 2011, we stayed in a private villa which had a heated pool, 28c, & the weather was glorious during the day & trousers & light jumper or cardigan on an evening to cut the chill after a day in the sun. The best bit is the sleep, again as already said, no aircon needed. Enjoy!!

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,316 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lanzarote in November??

yes sorry it was November 2010 in which we experienced the worse storm in 5 years and the following weather was poor but we made the best of it. However, it was snowing in the UK, so a strange November all round

…imageshack.us/img202/5410/20130514135146.png

They never did withdraw the alarm lol

London
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lanzarote in November??

I have been every November for the last 10 years and has been on the whole roasting hot and cool at night.....except last year when it was dull grey cold and at times torrential rain :(

What was worse a week either side and it was lovely!

So chances are you'll be fine (and far better weather than anywhere else in the world for the money!)

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,248 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lanzarote in November??

Usually low to mid 20's during the day but can feel cool at night. I swim year round in the sea but it'll probably about 16 degrees. Pools feel cool to me most of the year unless heated.

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
786 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lanzarote in November??

These are the averages for Lanzarote in November:

1. Average Temperature (°c) 20

2. Average High (°c) 24

3. Average Low (°c) 18

4. Average Rainfall (mm) 12

5. Average Days of rain 5

6. Average Daily Sunshine Hours 8

To put this in perspective, these are better than anywhere in the British Isles in the "summer" months of July and August. I've been to Copenhagen in November on business and it was very, very cold!!!

Obviously, these are only averages, and every year can be hotter/cooler, wetter/drier or sunnier/cloudier than average!

If you want to enjoy a swim at that time of year, you might be much better off in a villa with a private, heated pool than a hotel.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lanzarote in November??

We were in CT last November (15th-25th)- weather was glorious most of the time - a couple of days the temps were around 27/28 degrees - definitely better than at home. There were a few showers and it was chilly in the evenings.

We sunbathed most days between 10am and 4pm - when it was a tad overcast we went wandering - the best of both worlds I felt.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lanzarote in November??

We ( me and my sister) are going 5th of november , went last year and it was gorgeous..warmer than april or may... ( and we have been then) .. we go 3 times a year...the sea is still warmi ( ish) from the summer months , but unless the pools are heated ( very little are) they are cold... more of the childrens pools are heated..never had to wear a cardi on a night... still sleevless and maxi dresses ...unless I needed one to finish off an outfit rather than being cold...and this was Costa teguise.. Playa Blanca south of the Island tends to be warmer... Novemeber is still classed as summer..Decemeber until March is winter...The sandstorms and Sirocco winds are usually in summer , so in November the breeze is not has bad... Futerventura is very very windy and cooler on a night...