We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Owners Direct prices?

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Owners Direct prices?

Hi,

Are the prices quoted on Owners Direct website per person or per stay?

Just starting to look and needing to know budget wise what I can look for!!

Some are in £ others €, some nights, others weeks - v confusing!

Obv I know I'd have to contact owners for more specific but just wanted a general idea.

UK
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Owners Direct prices?

The prices should be per stay. Ones in euros are foreign - based owners, meaning you have no comeback in the Uk small claims court should anything go wrong. We always book with UK based owners and not with agents or companies. Most should quote per week.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Owners Direct prices?

Thanks! That makes so much sense :)

So I should just stick with the £ ones in general? Even though there's only 2 of us, they won't charge under occupancy like hotels?

Are they the best website for villas?

Undecided on hotels so thought I'd add villas into the equation to make things even more difficult :D

UK
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Owners Direct prices?

I would stick with the £ ones, personally! They should charge no more then the quoted price, but I would ask for a discount for just a couple when you email the owner. This often is successful in our experience!

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Owners Direct prices?

Thanks, think ill try sending a few emails tomorrow :)

Not many prices on for next year so not sure how up to date they are...but some look really good!!

Just need to decide on an area now ;)

UK
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Owners Direct prices?

You could also try holidaylettings, lanzarote breaks and holiday-rentals websites, but be careful as some properties are with agents and rental companies - even on 'owners direct'! Good luck!

London, England
Level Contributor
9,139 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Owners Direct prices?

We've rented a few places from Owners irect and haven't had any problems at all. We have rented in France, Spain, Italy and Montenegro with both British and foreign owns. Build up a rapport with the owner and ensure the telephone line they give you is a landline. We always avoid agencies and pay a deposit of around 20% and the rest when we arrive. Not had any problems at all.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Spain
Spain
Europe
Italy
Italy
Europe
UK
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Owners Direct prices?

We normally pay a deposit and the balance around 8 weeks before departure, as we only book with UK based owners.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Owners Direct prices?

Thanks!

I've had 4 replied tonight and some very impressive responses and prices!

A lot less than booking a package holiday so now it's just decision time!!

Waiting for another few to reply but so far my favourite is in Atalaya Complex :)

9. Re: Owners Direct prices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 15:05
10. Re: Owners Direct prices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 15:05