We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water in lanzarote

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Water in lanzarote

Can you drink the tap water in lanzarote? I know sounds like a stupid question!

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
4,575 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water in lanzarote

Hi

Yes.......but it is desalinated so can taste a bit salty.....stick to the bottled wáter.......only around 1,60€ for an 8 litre bottle

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water in lanzarote

Oh right will stick to the bottled water then, and the wine and the gin and tonic ha ha

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water in lanzarote

It does taste fine boiled for tea/coffee though. And per last post bottled water to drink (and make ice cubes)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water in lanzarote

Oh thanks for that tip 😜

Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water in lanzarote

Lanzarote is the only place abroad where I have not had upset tummy/sickness. I used bottled water for brushing my teeth but was fine with ice in drinks, salads etc. Its the only place I havnt been bothered with mosequitos. The climate was perfect as well so we hopefully have a good few holidays in Lanzarote in the future

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water in lanzarote

I hope the mozzies leave me alone

7. Re: Water in lanzarote

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 07:16