We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do we go or not ?

Leeds, West...
Level Contributor
475 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
do we go or not ?

Never been to Lanzarote but thinking of maybe a week in September. We have been to spain loads of time and love the feel of the place and the spanish feel you get but my question is do you get that feeling in Lanzorote or is it just very touristy ? looking at the place it looks like it caters for everything we want we want somewhere where we can relax, but also take in a bit of shopping, do some sightseeing etc just worried its too touristy we went to majorca a few years back and it was so touristy all the places to eat where nearly all british pubs and we got no local feel at all

thanks for any advice M

Temptations
Gift & Speciality Shops
Arteguise
Gift & Speciality Shops
Chevere
Gift & Speciality Shops
Joyeria Mayca
Gift & Speciality Shops
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
38,778 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: do we go or not ?

You could stay in one of the lovely villages, or if you want to stay in a resort, Playa Blanca is the least touristy, with the least Brit bars etc. and it does retain some authenticity and a Spanish feel. The island is only small, so if you hire a car you can still get to see it all, no matter where you stay.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote, Spain
Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: do we go or not ?

We went to Lanzarote for the first time in October and i can say that after going regularly to Tenerife for the last few years Lanzarote is now our Canary island of choice

It just seems that bit more laid back

We went to PDC (and we'll be there again in 4 days) and we found more than enough to keep us entertained admittedly we didnt go any further afield than the resort but we plan on hiring a car for a few days this time to get around the island a bit more

If you want Bang Bang Bang wall to wall partying then its probly not the place for you but for a nice chilled relaxing break i'd go for it

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Leeds, West...
Level Contributor
475 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: do we go or not ?

Thank you for your speedy responses we dont want a big party scene so the place sounds just up our street i like the idea its such a small place and been able to do day trips out need to do some more research now into the place and which is the best place to stay at

thanks m

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: do we go or not ?

Give it a go! Like you we were sceptical but tryed playa blanca and loved it!!! Gorgeous walks along long promenade. Upmarket marina with lovely restaurants. Lots of nationalities not all British. I am sure you will like it!

Preston
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: do we go or not ?

Out of all the canary islands - Lanzarote is my favorite - stayed at a most of the resort. All good - Give it ago - as previously said - great t walks along the prom.

Wigan
Level Contributor
65 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: do we go or not ?

We have just come back from Playa Blanca and I can recommend this resort if you don't want an overally touristy feel . It has a lovely marina and is a small resort that has grown but still retains its unique identity . Lovely fish restaurants , it is not a late night resort , not in to night clubs , would recommend

Mentioned in this post
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote, Spain
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: do we go or not ?

As others have said, Playa Blanca is the least touristy of the resorts and to me seems to offer what you are looking for.

If however you want a bit of nightlife , live music, quizzes or dancing ? then Playa Blanca is very very quiet and you may be disappointed.

Happy Holidays

Danny

Mentioned in this post
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote, Spain
derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: do we go or not ?

Agree with others Playa Blanca is less touristy, puerto callero is my favourite. Lovely marina with some great restaurants. Not really touristy at all. Defo recommend a car as already suggested.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote, Spain
9. Re: do we go or not ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 06:16