We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cafe La Ola

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Cafe La Ola

Can anyone tell me a bit about cafe la ola? Looks great reading the reviews, but is it a place for young people on "nights out" if you know what I mean?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
482 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cafe La Ola

It's a chilled bar restaurant. It's not lively, like some bars along the strip. I think it's nice and often visit for a beer or 3, we even tried the hashish thing but it gave us a headache ha

Would go their as a start of my night out, few cocktails, then move on to somewhere bit livelier.

It's very nice in their and food is good.

They have a website

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cafe La Ola

I enjoy going there and chilling out but find their food and drink is overpriced and service very patchy. Tend to sit in the pavilion, relax, people/sea watch, have one or two cocktails and then move on.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cafe La Ola

we ate there once, it was ok but overpriced and preferred downstairs just having cocktails, nice and chilled, this was in nov and we're in our 40's, just!!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cafe La Ola

There is a new place not far from La Ola called the Vanilla Lounge, (Only been open a couple of months) I imagine that would be a similar theme and is on our "to do" list for next time!

After that though Claire you would head to Centro Atlantico and another bar alittle further one called Ruta66

Happy Holidays

Danny

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
98 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cafe La Ola

It's a chill out bar, along with Dreams next door. Great views of the ocean

London
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cafe La Ola

We made the mistake of eating there once....its trying to be the place in PDC to be seen....its rather blingy, food menu is ludicrous and service very hit and miss.

Great location for drinks though.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cafe La Ola

Are you talking about Vanilla Acc75?

I woul;dn't eat there, just have drinks, I think PDC has been crying out for that sort of bar?

CheekyRed, never heard of Dreams? what is it like?

I assume both these places are near the Way West?

Happy Holidays

Danny

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cafe La Ola

I think accountant is talking about Cafe La Ola............pretty much my experience of it following its reopening. Service was diabolical in the restaurant, we tried it again in January this year and the same again plus the food was very mediocre. But a great suntrap downstairs during the day, great for a chillax late afternoon and good for a drink early evening.

Dreams' is part of Cafe La Ola Danny.............the Cafe Bar side

Vanilla's actually been open since April this year and is very popular with locals unlike La Ola !

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cafe La Ola

Excellent information guys, thanks! :-) would it be the kind of place you'd prefer to have a light snack and drinks maybe? Has anyone eaten in vanilla before?

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cafe La Ola

Light snacks and drinks on both counts Claire...........Cafe La Ola and Vanilla, Vanilla don't have a restaurant as such...........but they do a mean BBQ on the terrace apparently :)