We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lanzarote or Fuerteventura / Jan or Feb?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
460 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lanzarote or Fuerteventura / Jan or Feb?

We're thinking about booking a villa with a pool for an early break next year, but am not sure which are the better choices...

Lanzarote or Fuerteventura, in January or February.

We don't do pubs or restaurants, but do do sight-seeing, nature/beachcombing, bird-watching & heritagey stuff plus a bit of artsy/crafts/market shopping. Please help me make a decision - I'm rubbish at deciding! :)

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lanzarote or Fuerteventura / Jan or Feb?

Lanzarote every time for me - this has been asked before a good few times, have a look at previous threads..

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lanzarote or Fuerteventura / Jan or Feb?

Hmmm, thanks pp, have searched now. I think I'll try on the Fuerte forum too, there's lots of pluses for Lanza, surely there must be reasons to visit either. :)

Out of interest Jan or Feb?

Edited: 01 October 2013, 16:24
Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,239 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lanzarote or Fuerteventura / Jan or Feb?

No difference in those months to be honest on either island. It's the 2 changeable winter months were you can get some rain (usually short sharp shower) and cloudy days (you'll still burn!). Temperature on either island will be low 20's during the day dropping to mid teens or a degree or 2 cooler at night.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,279 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lanzarote or Fuerteventura / Jan or Feb?

might be worth looking at this thread, the poster had similar tastes

tripadvisor.co.uk/…53097403

I would think Lanzarote has far more places to see than Fuerteventura which the day tours from Lanzarote seem to struggle to come up with places to see

Edited: 01 October 2013, 16:44
N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,932 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lanzarote or Fuerteventura / Jan or Feb?

Having been to both Lanzarote and Fueretventura in the Jan/Feb time then I would recommend Lanzarote. We're not ones for sunbathing and found that there are a lot more trips to do on Lanzarote. It has been a few years since we went to Fuerte so not saying that there aren't trips that you may like the look of but we fell in love with Lanza so showing a bit of favouritism there lol.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lanzarote or Fuerteventura / Jan or Feb?

Thanks dellboy - we do seem to like similar things! :p

Still undecided but edging towards Lanza. :)

7. Re: Lanzarote or Fuerteventura / Jan or Feb?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 06:39