We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you love Lanzarote, you'll also like...

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
If you love Lanzarote, you'll also like...

Ok so I know any further discussions on this will need to be raised on other appropriate forums, and I'll do that, but in the meantime, Im looking for recommendations and I know that you guys are the people to ask...

I'm going to book a holiday for July and the person I'm going with wants a break from PDC (shock horror! If I had my way I'd be going back!) going to PDC in April and next October but hoping to book a third holiday somewhere different, preferably somewhere else in the world but very similar to PDC!!

Requirements would be:

No hotter than Lanza is in October (more or less)

Flight no longer than Edin to arrecife, in fact closer would be good

Resort not too far from the airport

Classy but not snobby

Peaceful

Possibility of booking a private villa with pool from an owner and separate flights

So basically PDC in a different location ;-)

Any ideas?? I know you all basically like what I like in a holiday, see! X

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: If you love Lanzarote, you'll also like...

It's terrible isn't it! Just as well we all love the place so much!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,799 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: If you love Lanzarote, you'll also like...

Yep. Love it to bits:) We could have gone back to arguably the best hotel in Cuba, AI, for 2 weeks in the Royal Service and a premium upgrade on the flight for less than the total cost of our 2 weeks in a villa in Lanza this September.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: If you love Lanzarote, you'll also like...

Haha there's that Lanza bug again, makes us all a weeeee bit mad! :-D

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
10,880 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: If you love Lanzarote, you'll also like...

I feel your fingers scratching down those volcanic walls, as we try and lure you away Claire lol

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: If you love Lanzarote, you'll also like...

Lol! Good image del! And true! Nothing quite lives up does it? I'm already going twice next year, so I know I should choose somewhere else for July....

Level Contributor
746 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: If you love Lanzarote, you'll also like...

Crete is exceptional also, although v warm in July and as far as Lanza.

Marni village have 2 private villas on site as well as apartments, and koitalafari( forgive spelling) is a beautiful old traditional village with fantastic restaurants . Again u have the madness of hersonnisas on your door step if wanted.

Also gouves could be an option, blue Aegean are great apartments also ..

Enjoy the hunt :-))

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: If you love Lanzarote, you'll also like...

Ooh thanks L! Thoroughly enjoying today's hunt! A great way to while away a day when I'm not working! X

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: If you love Lanzarote, you'll also like...

L fogart is referring to Koutouloufari in Crete which is lovely. There is also Piskopiano and Old Hersonissos village all in the same area and all have lovely old tavernas in them. I would have thought that Crete would have been way hotter in July than Lanza though. We went on 28th April last year and it was gorgeous! To be fair though it had been raining most of the previous week.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
10,880 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: If you love Lanzarote, you'll also like...

yes Crete would be a lot hotter although high temperatures only say 84. In july 2005 we literally hopped from the beach to our aircon room to cool down before going to the lunchtime resto, as it was in the high nineties, we have tended to go earlier now, less people about but depends on your luck weatherwise

Rethymnon is quite lively and has an old and new side to it but we tend to pick quieter places

Panomos a very small village 10 miles from Rethymnon with a little trip in to it

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19

Paleochora southern Crete late May

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16

same place in the July

img21.imageshack.us/img21/1541/kvc1.jpg

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: If you love Lanzarote, you'll also like...

Lol love.your reviews del :-) dont fancy having to hop mind you! Faaar too energetic! Thoroughly enjoying looking at all my options tho, thank you everybody x

Get answers to your questions about Lanzarote