We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant prices and tapas

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
88 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant prices and tapas

Hello,

We are travelling to Playa Blanca in December. I would like to know what the average prices are for dining with two adults and 2 children. Not too chique, but no snackbar either....

And my other question: here in The Netherlands are many Tapas-restaurants where you can eat a complete diner consisting of tapas. We love this, because it's ideal with small children that can taste a lot of different things instead of the ordinary chips and sausage.

From what I read it seems that in Lanzarote tapas is more for lunch of in between meals, am I right? I would not like to make a fool of ourselves, expecting to eat tapas for diner, when it is not usual.

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
786 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant prices and tapas

It's impossible to give you an "average" price for dining with two adults and 2 children - there is just so much variety of restaurants and prices. If it helps, for my wife and I we would expect to pay in total around 50 euros in a nice restaurant for 2 x starters and 2 x mains and a decent bottle of wine.

Don't worry about tapas, you can eat it any time of the day. Great places for upmarket tapas at the Marina Rubicon are Vino Blanco and Blue Note, but lots of places in the town centre will serve tapas.

London
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant prices and tapas

Its not typical tapas like you would have in mainland spain - many of the best places you can make up your own by just ordering lots of starters but in playa blanca lots of fish restaurants where fish is the main course.

Pricewise alcohol is cheap decent bottle of wine for 10-15E which in the UK would be 20E plus. Fish is very cheap compared to what you would pay in a london restaurant say 10E for a main course. Family of 4 having dinner in a nice restaurant with 1 bottle of wine would be approx 50-60E for 4 mains, maybe share some starters etc. But you could do it for 10E at a snack bar or 100E somewhere smart.....how long is a piece of string....!

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
88 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant prices and tapas

Thanks. I understand, it's difficult to tell.... We'll see, I'm looking forward already.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,333 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant prices and tapas

I cobbled together some of the menu's in PB, it will give you an idea but add 7% tax to your bill

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=41

5. Re: Restaurant prices and tapas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 06:18