We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving in Lanzarote..

England
Level Contributor
729 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving in Lanzarote..

When we arrive in June we land at 10.30 & have been informed that we can enter the villa at 2pm. Initially I thought how are we going to kill 3 or so hours. However by the time we get through PP Control, waited for cases & found the Autoreisen Car Hire stall & go through the paperwork, load the cases in the car I'm guessing it will be nearer noon? Can anyone who visits regular advise if I'm on the right track?

Furthermore how long is the drive from the airport to Faro Park & is there a big supermarket on route?

Sorry for all the questions but it's because I'm meeting the owner of the villa to get keys & need to advise if we will be there for 2pm.

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving in Lanzarote..

Hi

Lanzarote is not an airport known for delaying arriving passengers at all........allow maybe 30-45 mins for cases(whilst waiting you can do the paperwork for your hire car as the desk can be accessed from the Arrival Hall carousels.....car outside immediately in front in the car park) so max 45 mins for the lot(unless you are unfortunate enough to arrive with several other flights)...........there is a large Hiperdino supermarket opposite the airport(but to access it you need to head for Arrecife and take a slip road) or alternatively there is a largish EuroSpar at the roundabout at Macher on the LZ2,which is the main (only really) road heading towards PB.

The drive to Faro Park from the airport(without stops) will take 35-40 mins max

Edited: 15 December 2013, 13:03
England
Level Contributor
729 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving in Lanzarote..

Thanks Lanza, so the next question is how do we kill 2 hours then..?? (Joke)

Edited: 15 December 2013, 13:09
Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving in Lanzarote..

Hi

Just a suggestion.....but why not park up at the parade of shops .restaurants and bars in Calle Irlanda by Faro Park and have a coffee or snack while you wait.......good selection of Brit/Spanish/Italian places to choose from, with plenty of free parking right in front.....plus a decent medium size local supermarket for those ítems you have forgotten to pick up in the bigger shops.....just dont expect to go sit on the beach........there isn´t one :(

Edited: 15 December 2013, 14:47
Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,105 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving in Lanzarote..

Certainly not specific to Lanzarote, but try to park where you can keep an eye on your car. It's going to be loaded up with all your luggage and therefore a prime target for car thieves. The risk is probably low, but they will be aware of change over days and hire cars do tend to stand out.

England
Level Contributor
729 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving in Lanzarote..

That's a great shout Lanza!

Keith - good tip mate

6. Re: Arriving in Lanzarote..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 17:42
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving in Lanzarote..

We always go to vistas del mar villas in pdc and have sometimes arrived a few hours before we are allowed to check in to our villa. Sometimes we're lucky and there hasn't been someone staying for a few days, or they've checked out much earlier allowing the housekeeping to be done earlier. This means that many of the times we've arrived slightly early we've been able to get in anyway, other times they've very kindly stored our luggage while we've gone for a wander or some breakfast.

My advice would be to go to your accommodation on the off chance, worst coming to worst they could store your luggage while you find your bearings.

Happy holidays! X

England
Level Contributor
729 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving in Lanzarote..

Claire - thanks for this. I've just emailed the owner who has advised they will email the week before advise of the situation. Hope to be in the pool sooner rather than later x

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arriving in Lanzarote..

Ah that's good, you never know, your villa may not have been in use for a few days, or house keeping could be asked to clean it first thing in prep for your arrival, we're lucky more often than not. Enjoy yourself!

London
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arriving in Lanzarote..

I would go via Femes and have lunch on the mountain overlooking Playa Blanca. Help you get a feel for the geography.

Am sure you can get in an hour early perhaps?