We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parque Timanfaya by public transport

Piacenza, Italy
Level Contributor
705 posts
207 reviews
Save Topic
Parque Timanfaya by public transport

I'm afraid it's not easy... but I'd like to go to Parque Timanfaya on my own, without an agency, without a car and possibly no taxi. Is it possible? Is there a bus that goes there from Arrecife or Puerto del Carmen? I searched around, but I found nothing.. Thx in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Arrecife
Arrecife
Lanzarote, Spain
Puerto Del Carmen
Puerto Del Carmen
Lanzarote, Spain
Greystones, Ireland
Level Contributor
137 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parque Timanfaya by public transport

No public transport. I've seen taxis take people up alright, so that's your only option unless you want to hire a bike and cycle up!

However... When drivng through last week, we did see a group of Renault Twizys (a zero emission single seater) so did a google to see what they were: justbookexcursions.com/en/…

That might be a suitable compromise.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
38,948 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parque Timanfaya by public transport

Oooh! I love Twizys. They're soooo much fun.

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parque Timanfaya by public transport

Walking to the park is really NOT an option so your need to use some sort of organized transport to get there and back. Since there is no public bus service along that road, it really leaves these options:- ....tour bus,hire car, taxi or bike.

enjoy

Keithz

Edited: 28 July 2014, 07:43
Piacenza, Italy
Level Contributor
705 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parque Timanfaya by public transport

Thx everybody for your help. :)

5. Re: Parque Timanfaya by public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 06:15