We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RAIN in the South

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,818 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
RAIN in the South

Hi,

Today we had RAIN, it's the first time since 23rd March that we have had it in Chayofa which is just above Los Cristianos and Las Americas (5 mins up the mountain). It started at 6.45 and finished at 7.30 but it was very heavy. In fact all our power was cut off until 09.00.

It is still very overcast but the temperatures are 25 degrees and it looks as if it is starting to get quite bright down on Las Americas the sun is really trying hard to break through.

Scotland
Level Contributor
609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RAIN in the South

I hope the rain stops before the weekend because I am going to Los Cristianos on Friday for 1 week.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RAIN in the South

Thank you Aguilas, I'm sure like me, there are many people interested in the weather as our holidays approach.

I'm sure you know it's horrible in the UK, rain, some snow in Herts yesterday, freezing cold and very very dark in the daytime!!

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,818 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RAIN in the South

8.00 am and the sun is shining as usual, but the forecast says there is a chance of rain over the next 3 days. Temperature is currently 78/26 degrees so very pleasant.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RAIN in the South

Hope it stays like that as we fly out on New Years day.

What clothes should i pack? Do people get dressed up on a night around this time of year ?

Hopefully shorts for during the day.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RAIN in the South

we have been to tenerife in november a few times. we have just got back. a few years not too many there was torrential rain enough for half of the beach at pueto colon. was told worse rain for 23 years. i am so grateful we had good weather this time

manchester
Level Contributor
644 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RAIN in the South

we got back on the 13 november after a week and all we saw was blue sky and temps mid 80's but we talked to a couple who had been the week before and they said it had been mostly cloudy but still warm..

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,818 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RAIN in the South

It's a bit cloudy today but temperatures are 77/25 degrees.

8. Re: RAIN in the South

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 October 2013, 08:34
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,818 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RAIN in the South

Hi, It's quite sunny with a bit of cloud but temps are 75/25 degrees and it's almost 5.00pm. Has been just about the same all day with a cool spot about 11.00 this morning but it only lasted a short while (about 1/2 hour).

Cockermouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa de las Americas, Cockermouth
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RAIN in the South

just for info it waS -3.5 this morning and it took ages to defrost the car before i could go to work...does this sound like jealousy...u bet...roll on sept 12 2008...