We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in tenerife

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
First time in tenerife

Hi.

I have booked in CLUB CasaBlanca at Puerto De LA Cruz fot the week of 23rd May and then one week at Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club with my Family, both RCI Gold crown resort and recommended by members. I wanted to know

1. Whether to use the Reina Sofia airport or the Los Rodeos for arrival and departure?

2. Do I need to rent a Car to go around or will I be able to get BUSES / TAXIS / Or Organised Day TRIPs?

3. Must Visit Places

4. can I do Day trips to other Islands

doncaster
Level Contributor
434 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in tenerife

hi uday

The north airport Los Rodeos if you can,otherwise its a hour+ drive from Reina southern airport to p.d l.cruz .Car hire is cheap as is the fuel,Id reccomend a company called Do you spain.Dont leave without a visit to loro parque Enjoy. paul

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,830 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in tenerife

Hi

You should ideally fly into Los Rodeos and out of Reina Sofia because if you fly into Reina Sofia you are faced with a 45 minute to 1 hour drive to get to Club Casablanca.

Whether you rent a car or not depends on if you really like driving. The average Tenerifian is a terrible driver who only ever uses his left indicator to show he is slowing down. Always double parks, uses the mirror to check appearance and has no idea how to use a roundabout.

I am sure it is the same in the north of the island (perhaps GustoVino will confirm), but here in the south (your 2nd week) you can get organised day trips all over the island. There are lots of companies that do these I would particularly recommend Admiral Travel - http://www.admiraltravel.es/index_ing.htm

and Tenerife Direct - www.tenerife-direct.com/en/excursions_en.php

both of these companies have been around a long time and are completely reliable.

Also you could follow this link to the FAQ section of this forum. tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187479-i153-k14…

Item 4 should give you some ideas of what to see and do, and Item 6 will suggest places to eat.

I have also written a Go Page on a couple of villages that you might like to visit while in the North.

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i15589-A_love…

As far as visiting the other islands is concerned lots of organised tours go to La Gomera it costs around €41 including ferry and lunch and you leave Los Cristianos on the 8.30 ferry and come back on the 18.30.

Fred Olsen also goes to La Palma and El Hierro www.fredolsen.es/lineas/ingles/index.asp

and Armas will take you to Fuerteventura, La Palma and Lanzarote www.naviera-armas.com/index.php…

Hope the above helps, any other questions please ask and hopefully the usual forum contributors can assist.

As far

Puerto de la Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in tenerife

Hi,

Aguilas has pretty much covered everything, but with regards to driving in the north, although I agree with everything Aguilas has said about drivers here, I've been to Mumbai and believe me, it's a lot less fraught here!

Personally I'm a fan of being master of your own time when it comes to exploring and there are so many great places to visit here. I would say Masca, La Orotava, La Laguna and Garachico are all 'must sees' as indeed is Teide National Park.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in tenerife

HI,

Thank you for the answers and links. Will go thr' all the sites suggested and will get back with more questioned.

Thanks once again to all.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in tenerife

Hi

One more question? Which is the best flight (Cheap too) coming into these airpots.

Since I am flying from Mumbai, I have a choice of european destination where I can fly into which include London, Paris, Franfurt, Munich, Geneva Etc. I have tried net for cheap flights from these airports to tenrife. The cheapest seems to be out of UK around GBP50 each way (Thomsonfly). Others are more expensive more in the range of (250-400) and longer durations beacuase of one or more stops. I just wanted to know just incase if you know a better options.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,830 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in tenerife

Have a look at www.skyscanner.net where you can see all the cheap flights from anywhere to anywhere

7. Re: First time in tenerife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 14:24