We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seat allocation with thomas cook

england
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
seat allocation with thomas cook

I am flying with thomas cook with no booked in-flight meal, I am right in thinking your seats are pre-allocated as I am travelling with 3 boys and would like to get to the airport 2 hrs ahead instead of 3 so we are not hanging around as long.Whats the chances of still sitting together.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
911 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seat allocation with thomas cook

Hi

Take a look at 'Thomas Cook Tenerife' posted today by BHAgirl. There are some replies that might help you.

Delia

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
398 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seat allocation with thomas cook

The only way to guarantee your request is to pay the supplement. That way your seats together are guaranteed and you do not have to arrive until an hour and half before departure (I think - but check this out with the airline!!!).

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seat allocation with thomas cook

I'm 99% sure that Thomas Cook don't let you check in late if you've pre-booked. I also contacted them and they said that with them check-in assign the seats. If it were me I'd pay to pre-book seats. We flew to Tenerife a couple of weeks or so ago and they did split a family up. 3 were near us and the other 1 (a young teenager) was right up the other end of the plane.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: seat allocation with thomas cook

Hi we have just returned from Tenerife flying with Thomas Cook Airlines. it looked as though some families were split up but not more than a few rowes. We booked a 'pre booked package', seats together, in flight meals and 5k extra baggage, the meals were very poor value for money, although were hot, extra baggage we did not use, but at least we did sit together (3). Not worth the extra, except for peace of mind. I would suggest you arrive early and have a choice of seats. The meal OK not worth the money, but it is part of the holiday.

england
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: seat allocation with thomas cook

Hi, thanks for the help, I think I had better just go earlier and be sure of getting together,

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: seat allocation with thomas cook

If you don't pay the extra for group seating you run the risk of the party being split up no matter how early you arrive. If many other parties have pre-booked it is entirely possible that there won't be a set of 4 seats together anyway.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: seat allocation with thomas cook

Keith is right. I found on our computer at work something like up to 75% of the plane can be pre-booked. That's a pretty high percentage. If it was me I wouldn't risk it, especially with having been split from the rest of our party fairly recently.

South West
Level Contributor
182 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: seat allocation with thomas cook

During the flight all your children need to be supervised buy an adult, so you should all be sat together if you are the only adult.

castleford united...
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: seat allocation with thomas cook

We never book our seats before we travel,that way i get to have 4 hours peace and quiet from the wife and kids,lol

10. Re: seat allocation with thomas cook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 03:18