We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of Gran Melia?

Ohio
Level Contributor
174 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Location of Gran Melia?

My husband and I will be taking BitnerAir from Gran Canary to Tenerife. We would like to stay at the Gran Melia. How far is the BitnerAir airport from that hotel? Also, is this hotel in a location that has restaurants and shopping within walking distance? :) Cami

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,865 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of Gran Melia?

Hi Cami

Binter fly to both the North and South Tenerife airports. Ideally you want to fly into the South (Reina Sofia) and then the journey to the Gran Melia Palacio de Guia De Isora is about 40km away by car. If you should fly into the North then the journey will be about 100km. The hotel is in a small Spanish town called Alcala where there are a few shops and restaurants.

I am attaching a link to the write up I did when I visited last October

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187479-i153-k23…

but I also walk my dog here about once every week to 10 days and the rubble is still outside the wall, there are never many guests and rumour has it that half the staff and all the security guards have lost their jobs as there is not enough tourists to justify their employment. (That last bit is just gossip though, I haven't heard that from anyone official just someone who lives in the town).

Ohio
Level Contributor
174 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location of Gran Melia?

I am sorry to hear that regarding the hotel. It sounds like the south end has the sunnier weather, so we would like to stay there. Any suggestions of hotels in an area that has nice restaurants and shopping.

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location of Gran Melia?

Hi Cami,

Here is a link that describes some of the areas

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187479-c72672/Tene…

There are two nice areas I would recommend which are within walking distance of nice restaurants and shopping. Costa Adeje and the area of Playa de Las Americas near the Mare Nostrum resort. The best hotels in that area are the Villa Cortes or the recently refurbished Sir Anthony, although there are other nice hotels.

In Costa Adeje you are spoilt for choice with 5 star hotels - have a look at this link

http://www.islas.co.uk/costa_adeje_hotels.htm

and then come back if you find a hotel you are considering.

Nelly

4. Re: Location of Gran Melia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 11:26