We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Tour Operator goes Bust

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,544 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Another Tour Operator goes Bust

I have only just seen this although I understand they went into liquidation last week. www.xcapewithus.com/ Can't think that anyone on this forum has mentioned it as yet or even if they offered Tenerife.

Viajes Teide
Sightseeing Tours
Tenerife Wine Experience
Food Tours, Wineries & Vineyards, Wine Tours & Tastings , Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Atlantico Excursiones
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
StarExcursions
Sightseeing Tours
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Tour Operator goes Bust

Don't know if they did Tenerife. It seems a lot of people have lost a lot of money again as they weren't ATOL bonded.

Please, please if you're going to book on the internet check they are both ATOL and ABTA bonded. The other thing to check is that they are bonding both parts. Lots of people lost out with the likes of OnTheBeach when XL went bust because though they had both licences what they weren't telling people was that they were 'dynamically packaging', basically buying the separate parts of the holiday from different sources and not bonding the whole thing.

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
arbroath, scotland
Level Contributor
492 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Tour Operator goes Bust

Hi Belle

Although I agree with you, when people book online they look for the best possible price and don't take these things into account.

This will be our fith trip in the last year and a half and I have always booked separate ( flights & accomodation) Usually fly with Globespan and book accomaodation through Travel Republic.

But because the current climate I have booked our next break 1st week in June through Expedia (although the flights are still with Globespan)as I felt booking through a well known reputable company would be safer, I have checked this evening and if I had stuck to my usual booking process I would have saved about £70.

I think in future I will take my chances and book the way I usually and as I usually use a Credit Card I should be covered.

Regards Cuban

North East England...
Level Contributor
754 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Tour Operator goes Bust

I'm pretty certain they did offer Accom in Tenerife, i can remember them when trawling the Net last year for best prices..

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
ireland
Level Contributor
256 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Tour Operator goes Bust

this might sound like a stupid question but is hotelopia ATOL and ABTA bonded

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Tour Operator goes Bust

Check on their website. If it displays both logos then it means they are. If you booked a complete package with them best just to phone and ask if both parts of the holiday are ATOL & ABTA bonded not just the flights or just the accommodation.

ireland
Level Contributor
256 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another Tour Operator goes Bust

i cant see the logos for hotelopia my flights will be with ryanair so hopefully everythng would be fine im sure hotelopia is a massive company so hopefully making i more secure

7. Re: Another Tour Operator goes Bust

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2009, 06:29