We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking Age

Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Drinking Age

Hi : )

im 17 and hoping to book up with a friend to go to the Hotel Palia Don Pedro in Costa Del Silencio. 17 being an awkward age, as obviously we will want to drink, however we arent 18!

its an all inclusive hotel so was just wondering how strict they are with these age limits?

thanks ; )

X.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,533 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking Age

Hi

It is just my opinion but at your age I am sure you will hate Costa del Silencio. There is nothing for youngsters to do other than visit a few Brit/Belgian Bars, very few restaurants and no beach. I think you would be better looking at somewhere like Las Americas where you can check out hotels like the Tenerife Sol, Gala or Columbus which do AI. I am giving you a link which will tell you about all of the resorts and you would certainly need a car or spend a lot on taxis to get to the clubs and bars which will allow you in. tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187479-c72672/Tene…

For your age you really need to be around the Veronica/Starco area if you like drinking and clubbing otherwise other areas of PdlA will give you plenty of choice of beaches, water parks, shopping etc.

The laws in Spain are as follows (whether or not they are adhered to is another matter).

To smoke or buy cigarettes and to drink 18 years.

To drive moped 14 years but car is 18 years although you must be 21 to hire.

tenerife
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking Age

Plus in the AI hotels they will have different coloured wrist bands which indicate to the staff if you are over 18. Meaning you probably wont be able to drink!

Kent, England
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking Age

Well it really depends, in an particular club they actually asked if I'd prefer a beer (I was 15) so you shouldn't have a problem, prehaps you should get some smart shirts, and a fluxcard, they aint gonna care but incase they do you will have a card to get you into the clubs prehaps, my parents live in Tenerife now so I will have to go alot I'm not 17 same as you.

4. Re: Drinking Age

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2010, 05:15