We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet Booking

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Internet Booking

Hi

On a recent Travellers Review re the La Siesta the reviewer mentioned that they had booked the holiday through Hotels4u.com.

They go on to say "when we were arrived we were told Hotels4u.com had not informed them" and the Hotel was full.

They are not sure whether it was Hotels4u.com or La Siestas fault but they were left, two adults and two children, with no where to go.

I just wondered if anyone else had any similar instances booking rooms through the numerous online booking operators.

L

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet Booking

Booking through an on-line agent is not always the cheapest. I have in the past obtained cheaper accommodation by booking direct with the hotel, they will often pass on the discount. Last time I did it, (not in Tenerife) I saved 15%. I have also taken a printout to my local High Street travel agent who has beaten the price, and had all the security of the booking. So shop around first, and always follow it up with an e-mail to the hotel confirming the booking.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet Booking

Hi Leeds

According to reviews I've read on several sites it seems that La Siesta hotel seem to overbook guests quite often.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,637 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet Booking

Good morning Leeds ....

As Ricky says and I agree, find it on the Internet then get down to your local travel agent, to see if they can do better or match the price...any queries that pop up then, you are not left on the end of a phone listening to your non favourite music and spending more money to listen to it ....

So far I have never been successful booking hotel direct-flights separately...they always seem to come out more expensive .....

Sylla

4. Re: Internet Booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2010, 06:19