We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair, 20,000 fare free seats!

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair, 20,000 fare free seats!

Speaking in Tenerife today, Ryanair’s Michael Cawley said:

“Ryanair is delighted to open 39 new routes to/from the Canary Islands in October which will allow us to bring more low fares, more competition and choice to even more consumers/visitors of the Canary Islands.

lanzaroteinformation.com/content/ryanair-200…

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair, 20,000 fare free seats!

Also confirmed in News in the Sun

http://newsinthesun.com/?p=2751

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair, 20,000 fare free seats!

And a pound to go to the toilet etc etc etc LOL

L

Farnborough Hants
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair, 20,000 fare free seats!

Careful now Aquilas,

people might get the wrong idea about the free seat thing, get all excited and then try to book their flight only to find they are not so free after all, check it out if you don't beleive me.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair, 20,000 fare free seats!

There are always those who see the glass as half EMPTY while others see it as half full LOL

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair, 20,000 fare free seats!

I'd really like to think that low cost airlines have been around for long enough now that the vast majority of people know about all the add-ons. And technically, the seats might well be free. It doesn't say you can fly or get there for free. But even with the extras, that is still a remarkably cheap flight - complaining about it seems somewhat on the churlish side!

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair, 20,000 fare free seats!

I agree Vicki, it is CHEAP

If you read the 2nd article in the Sun it does clearly say 20000 free flights with passengers having to pay just airport duty and taxes.

I have just checked and can get a RETURN flight from Gatwick 1st to 8th December for 61.44 leaving at excellent times 13.25 and return flight 18.25

Or better still flights leaving same times LGW

17 - 24th November 51.45

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair, 20,000 fare free seats!

I think churlish is the wrong word, I think the majority of fair minded people just wish these airlines came clean and quoted an all inclusive price to get you and your luggage from A to B without using news grabbing headlines

L

glasgow
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair, 20,000 fare free seats!

I agree if its free it should be free,not £for baggage £ for toilet etc etc its not free if you have to pay anything.

Farnborough Hants
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair, 20,000 fare free seats!

Oop's sorry Aquilas,Vicky,

Children,term time,15kg bag limit etc, glass is getting emptier all the time LOL.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair, 20,000 fare free seats!

Well my glass is pretty full, I have just booked an unexpected week to see my family in the UK.

2 people return TFS to Luton €94.00 flights both ways were free and the cost is made up of taxes and airport duty - **which is nothing to do with the airline**. On top of this I had to pay €20 for luggage so travel light.