We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Give a DE a break.....!

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,787 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Give a DE a break.....!

If a DE does not come on for a while and answer your questions, it does not necessarily mean they are lazy or can't be bothered.

Sometimes in their personal lives things happen and the last thing they need is to be on TA or be criticized for not answering. They shouldn't feel they have to come on and explain if they don't want to.

We are not paid, it is all voluntary, we don't know it all, and we answer the best we can, and mostly we love doing it. We are learning from all of you all the time.

Thanks, you are all great holiday makers.....

Sylla

Nantwich
Level Contributor
717 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Give a DE a break.....!

I hope that they not been calling you lazy!! Yes you do this job of your own free will and do a darn good job so please do not upset another DE. We need them. Thank-you to you all.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Give a DE a break.....!

Thanks for this comment Sylla

As you say we all volunteers to do this to help people have an enjoyable holiday by passing on the information we have gainecd over the years.We are no better or worse than the non DE's and we hope that with possters requesting information on the forum it not only helps them but can also save other people from needing to post the same questions.

Remember we can only do our best and wwe are just like you with a personal life, like Sylla has said just help us to help you and that way we can both gain

Regards

Sparhawk1

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,827 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Give a DE a break.....!

Well i havent' been posting for some while now.

Although i have been looking in most days and replying to the odd poster on the tenerife forum via pm, and a few on other forums.

I'd just like to say that there is a lot going on at home now, and in my personal life, i will still pop in, but for now will still be continuing to take a back seat.

And thanks to those who have pm'd me.

thanks xxx

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Give a DE a break.....!

Hi Lenny

Nice to see you on here and we all look forward to seeing you back when you are ready

Regards

Sparhawk1

england
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Give a DE a break.....!

hi lenny,

you and your family come first,dont let it worry you about not being here on TA.

all the best.xxxxx

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,787 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Give a DE a break.....!

Take your break Lenny you deserve it ...you were always there for the posters with your unique happy witty style....and we all look forward to the day when things are on a more even keel for you.....but we do miss you a lot .....

Sylla....x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,827 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Give a DE a break.....!

Thanks sylla and others

i will keep you informed sylla, and i know you will pass it on for me.

love xxx

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Give a DE a break.....!

Hope everything sorts itself out Lenny - hope you got the e-mail.

Well, I'm now back in the living and nearly done all the washing, ironing and tearing the hair out (kids hols) from my lovely, long holiday. So I'm getting up to speed as we speak.

Surrey
Level Contributor
73 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Give a DE a break.....!

Hi

Your help is very much appreciated. My mother is DE for Venice and I know just how much time she spends advising other all over the world!!!!

Keep it up....when its best for YOU.