We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just a quick 'hola' from me! All that angst for nothing!

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,958 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Just a quick 'hola' from me! All that angst for nothing!

Hola!

Not long arrived at our 3rd hotel; now at the Spa Hotel Tierra de Oro in Los Realajos. Naturally I'll write reviews and a trip report, but just enjoying having contact with the internet world again after our stay at the Parador Canadas del Teide!

Do you remember me "worrying" about my son who just wanted to stay at home with his computer (he's 15)? Well, let's just say that we're already thinking about coming back here next year... and we're a family which doesn't normally repeat holiday destinations!

What changed? Well... discovering he didn't have to speak Spanish like his mother said he'd have to, darn it; discovering all the British pubs and cafes in PDLA and getting beans on toast, the cultural philistine; the warm sea; Siam Park and the wave machine; feeding his beloved monkeys (until he got bored, that is); and this hotel (I knew they'd like it!) - it's got mini-golf!! I know - how cool is that?! AND a buffet for dinner. No more forcing Canarian food down his throat (with apologies to Canarian food - we know it's perfectly edible...)

Oh, and DH LOVED the night sky up at the Parador. He wants to go back to try out the hotel's telescopes next time (he borrowed a personal one that's kept there this time)

And I knew DD would be happy with all the animal activities. She bought a cuddly white male tiger toy at Jungle Park. Meanie Daddy wouldn't let her buy the matching female tiger aswell...

Loro Parque tomorrow. Wonder if they sell toy animals in their gift shop... ;-)

Hasta luego!

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just a quick 'hola' from me! All that angst for nothing!

Hi Gill

Glad it´s going so well. Keep both son and daughter happy and visit the Monkey Park Zoo, between Guaza and Los Cristianos. Brilliant. And NO TOYS for sale just real monkeys that climb all over your.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,758 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just a quick 'hola' from me! All that angst for nothing!

Hi Gilli ...glad you are having a good time ....don't want to say "told you so" but I just did LOL ! with kids you cant really plan ...just let things take care of themselves....with experience of two boys myself....~~~~~~~###!

Sylla

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just a quick 'hola' from me! All that angst for nothing!

Glad you're having a great time Gillian,thanks for the update.:-)

tipperary
Level Contributor
167 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just a quick 'hola' from me! All that angst for nothing!

was just wondering about that monkey park you mentioned is it worth visiting. we usually go to aquilas park which we love but as hubby is on crutches at the minute will prob have to give it a miss this time. thought the monkey park might be a substitute

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just a quick 'hola' from me! All that angst for nothing!

It really is brilliant, here´s the link to the reviews tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g659661-… don´t forget to check out the videos and photos too.

If you need a taxi back to your accommodation, ask the girl in the kiosk to call one for you, they park just down the road and it only takes a minute for them to be there.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just a quick 'hola' from me! All that angst for nothing!

Hi Gillian, if you have time to go to Loro Parque, they have lovely penguins there, just make sure someone hasn't pack a real one!!

7. Re: Just a quick 'hola' from me! All that angst for nothing!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2010, 06:18