We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advanced Passenger Information ...

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,705 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Advanced Passenger Information ...

You are now required to give Advanced Passenger Information to your tour operator before you travel....

All your details, plus booking reference and Passport Number....and expiry date....and some additional information if you are traveling to the USA.

Sylla

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Advanced Passenger Information ...

Flying with Jet2, then later on with Thomson. Not been told anything.

belfast
Level Contributor
627 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Advanced Passenger Information ...

hi misslyons

i would get intouch with thomson and ask them which website they are using as all agents have been advised to make all customers awareof this

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,273 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Advanced Passenger Information ...

The chhoice of carrier has nothing to do with supplying API. It is a legal requirement that ALL passengers flying from U.K. to Spain (inc. Canaries and Balearics) must supply the information. Perhaps Thomas Cook take the information at check-in but whenever, they MUST supply the info to Spanish authorities before the flight takes off.

If the UK joined the Schengen treaty, this would not be necessary, but they didn't....... but that's another story.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Advanced Passenger Information ...

Just had a look at Jet2 website and it states that the information can be given at check-in too.

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
403 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Advanced Passenger Information ...

We booked with Portland a year ago and fly out in two weeks. Have just received tickets etc, but have never been advised about API. Only found out from this forum, so many thanks!!!

However, I have been in on the Thomson website this afternoon and entered our details. Even so, it was not easy to find. Had to go in on FAQ on Portland, and API is the last entry. Open up the question and it then directs you to the Thomson website.

Hope this information may help others. Seems like TUI are not bothering to tell customers.

arbroath, scotland
Level Contributor
492 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Advanced Passenger Information ...

Sylla

As always you are a mine of information. Appears no tour operators, flight companies are letting their customers know about this.

After reading you original post I have now completed the form online.

We booked our flights through an online booking agent although they are Thomas Cook flights and have never heard or had any communication from any of them.

Thanks again Sylla

belfast
Level Contributor
627 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Advanced Passenger Information ...

hi there cuban gold sorry u werent made aware of this i can only speak on behalf of the thomas cook in which i work and we have been making all customers aware of this from before xmas, its up to the tour operatour you booked with to make you aware not the flight supplier,

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,705 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Advanced Passenger Information ...

Hi Cuban ....only shared the info I had received from Thomsons by email......in my OP ...but I must say I could have missed it cos it was just a very small print link, and the email started off as a "Thank you for booking with us"....

Sylla

Lancashire UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Advanced Passenger Information ...

Thanks for the info Sylla. I booked directly with Monarch last April to fly out in early Feb 2010. I have not heard anything from Monarch so after seeing your post I went on their website, and on the "Manage your account" section there is a link to API which is simple to complete. They do say that if you don`t complete the API you will have to do it at the check-in desk which will obviously cause delays.

My only worry now is Montezumas Revenge which seems to be raging in Los Gigantes!! Having read the posts from the hotel I think I`ll give Gods Waiting Room a wide berth.

arbroath, scotland
Level Contributor
492 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Advanced Passenger Information ...

My feeling is that there is going to a lot of delays at check in when folks go away.

Most folks don't know about this and it appears the the travel industry is not informing travellers, so I think this may start to coz probs when checking in or possibly peeps not being allowed to travel?

What do you all think???