We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bug raging in Los Gigantes

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
bug raging in Los Gigantes

im getting info that the Novo Virus bug that causes vomiting severe diaorhea and stomach cramps is raging out of control in Los Gigantes area and a lot of guests at Los Gigantes Hotel have been suffering, is it restricted to this area of Tenerife and this hotel in particular, anybody have any updates?

scotland
2 posts
Save Reply
51. Re: bug raging in Los Gigantes

Many thanks for your quick responce i certainly do appreciate your reply.

And yes your respnce has settled both my parents mind (thank god) ha!

Kind Regards

Swindon
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: bug raging in Los Gigantes

I am pleased that your parents are not going to the Hotel Los Gigantes. This is the only Hotel in Los Gigantes.

Many are blaming the sea spray that comes onto the rear of this Hotel and untreated sewage that goes into the sea close by.

I would not want my parents to stay there.

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: bug raging in Los Gigantes

I think, unless someone knows otherwise, that the allegations about the spray and sewage from the sea is purely conjecture and is not supported by any scientific facts.

I don't want this to sound dismissal of the fact that there does seem to be a problem in the area, which needs to be investigated.

Nelly

Swindon
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: bug raging in Los Gigantes

When the sewerage outfall and the spray has actually been examined and found not to be a source of ongoing concern. Then fine, people have been blaming this and poor hygiene in the restaurant (among other things).

Without some sort of examination, any problem will always be open to conjecture. If this goes on and they make any holiday watchdog type programmes, perhaps some independent swabbing will take place.

london
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
55. Re: bug raging in Los Gigantes

hi

I have just read a review that there is a sickness bug at the Iberostar Torviscus Playa. Have you any info please. We are travelling there soon, and as I am going there to recover from an operation naturally I am worried. Do you have any information. If I contact the hotel do you think they would be truthful?

Didi

Tenerife
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
56. Re: bug raging in Los Gigantes

I think any hotels will be confuse by the truth...

57. Re: bug raging in Los Gigantes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2010, 05:16