We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great weather in the South

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,099 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Great weather in the South

The weather over the past few days in the southern resorts has been exceptionally hot for this time of year. Ordinarily we would expect 22 - 25C but it is currently in the very high 20s and sometimes hitting 30s.

On my patio this afternoon admittedly in the sun it hit 37C at the same time in the shade it was 29C.

There have been lots of people on ´that other forum´ that are reporting 34C in the shade in Los Cris, Guaza 27ºc, Siam Park 28ºc Torviscas. 28.5ºc. Yet if you look at the internet weather sites the best I can find for the south today says 25C so it is very misleading.

It is not very often that it is so clear we are able to see not just La Gomera but also El Hierro and La Palma which is what we could see earlier today.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,099 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great weather in the South

As I said in my previous post you could see 3 islands yesterday, it´s a good job someone took this photo when they did http://ow.ly/i/l67 as today you can see virtually nothing. Think a Calima has arrived, it is still very hot 29C

dublin
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Great weather in the South

When we were there in December/January we noticed that in Las Americas PS3 area it was warmer than say when we went further up. In our complex it used to hit 32 or more most days . Wishing we were there now it sounds like great weather.

Whats the weather at the end of June start of July like? We are thinking of a quick holiday but we have heard it can get very warm at night.

glasgow
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great weather in the South

i think i came home to early

i was pleased with our wee 21 / 22 degrees

(although it was raining when we went up to loro parque. i knew it was colder in the north as i studied spanish in puerto for a while - but i wasn't expecting THAT).

still it was hotter than the ice and snow we left back home.

already planning to come back for christmas next year - and i don't usually do the same destination two years in a row.

loved it totally.

problem is that the tour ops haven't got the canary isles online for the winter yet.

and can't see the hotel i want to stay in anywhere,

would gladly go back to las piramides.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,609 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great weather in the South

Dennis58 ,we were in PDLA mid june last yeat ,day time it was hitting 28/30 degrees at night 25/26 degrees ,thank godness we had aircon in our rooms .Where ever we went on an evening we sat outside .LOVELY

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great weather in the South

Just to say that we´re here at the moment and as Aguilas says, the weather has been too hot for us over the last 4 days (cooler today slightly) and is MUCH warmer than this time last year, particularly in the evening.

Dennis, every time we walk along the front from PS2 in the direction of Los Cris we notice a distinct change in the temperature as soon as round the ´corner´just before PS3. It seems to be much more sheltered from any wind and that seems to make a big difference.

united kingdom
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Great weather in the South

please let me know how the weather on the 5th to 12 feb might be as i am travelling with my 5 year old

Cockermouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa de las Americas, Cockermouth
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great weather in the South

weather is totally variable that far in advance .. tho if you look at this 10 day forecast nearer the time it will give you a good idea

weather.com/outlook/…

8. Re: Great weather in the South

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2010, 08:16