We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chicken Shack

Donni
Level Contributor
440 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Chicken Shack

Hi

Many years ago my parents friends took them to the chicken shack for a meal.

We are flying out with them for Easter and I would like to try and book it for a surprise meal for all of us.

Can any-one help as to where it is? All they remember was it was up in the hills!!

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,494 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chicken Shack

Its in PUERTO SANTIAGO ,which is situated near Los GIGANTEES as you head towards LOS CRIS and PDLA ,cant help you with the times or if you can book as the last time we went it was closed for holidays

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,494 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chicken Shack

Sorry missed off yes it is up a steep hill,just up from the ornamental cannons ,a bit vague but just ask in a shop or bar as its well known

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,865 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chicken Shack

I had forgotten the one you mention Oneleg and immediately thought of Othelo´s which is at the top of Adeje town by the entrance to the Barranco del Infierno. This IMO is the best chicken around - huge portions so if there are 4 of you, order for 3.

I haven´t been to the one in Puerto but here is a review from the Los Gigantes forum.

www.losgigantes.com/board/index.php…

A lot depends on where your parents were staying at the time as to which one they visited.

Donni
Level Contributor
440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chicken Shack

They were staying in PDLA but their friends lived in Tenerife at the time. and knew the owner.

My Dad said it was near a nice walk(helpful eh!)

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,865 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chicken Shack

Hi Mrs T

Adeje town is close to Las Americas unlike Puerto which is a 30 minute drive. You could class the walk in the Barranco as a ´nice walk´ if you are relatively fit and you see lots of hikers ending up in the restaurant after they have come back along the trail. The view from the terrace is pretty magnificent so my money is on the Othelo.

If this is the one don´t get the bus as it drops you at the Correos and you still have to walk up the hill in town - should be described as mountain side. On the flat it would take 20 to 30 mins but this is REALLY steep.

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chicken Shack

And here's the phone number if you want to prebook - +34 922 780 374

Donni
Level Contributor
440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chicken Shack

Hi nellyb

Thanks for that.

8. Re: Chicken Shack

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2010, 05:18