We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

couple in search of beautiful scenery & some peace/quiet

Cardiff
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
couple in search of beautiful scenery & some peace/quiet

Hi,

It's our first trip to Tenerife this Easter and I'm in the process of trying to find a suitable apartment. We'd like somewhere quite scenic and stressfree but also not too remote. Does anyone have any suggestions? We'll be hiring a car so we can discover the whole island :)

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: couple in search of beautiful scenery & some peace/quiet

Hi,

Have a look at this suggestion

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/canaries/c2926.htm

located in a lovely village, very tranquil but within easy distance of all the attractions of the south and with great restaurant choices. Also it is only 15 minutes from the main airport so no long transfer to worry about.

Nelly

Edited: 15 February 2010, 21:09
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,855 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: couple in search of beautiful scenery & some peace/quiet

Hi CWW

There are hundreds of hotels at all star levels that you can choose from there are also plenty of apartments should you want to cater for yourselves. The locations can be either within the resorts and despite what you might have heard these can be very upmarket depending which you choose or you can have a rural retreat. I am attaching just a few to give you a few ideas and should you want more information, do not hesitate to come back.

Villas - This belongs to a friend and is in a great location just 5 mins from the resorts and is a lovely spacious villa

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/canaries/C2926.htm

travel-in-spain.com/en/…

Apartments - again this one belongs to a friend but she does have at least 6 others so if you are interested do not hesitate to contact her.

www.holidaylettings.co.uk/photodisplay.aspx…

Hotels http://www.regencycountryclub.com/

marylanza.com/english_hotel_tenerife_content…

Rural Hotels http://www.senderosdeabona.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: couple in search of beautiful scenery & some peace/quiet

Hi Cardiff

Tenerife is an island of contrasts, the south coast {and some of the southern areas }are what I would term as the "dry zone". The north and north west part of the island is a lot greener and have some lovely scenic areas ie La Ortava, and further north to Taganana. Also the picturest village of Icod as well as the area of Parque Nacional Del Teide

Puerto de la Cruz is the main tourist resort in the area and is a traditional resort that is quite laid back but has many places to eat and drink to suit all tastes and pockets.

I do think you could have the best of both worlds from Puerto, a nice place to base yourself , easy to travel to both the north of the island and into the heart to see Tiede up close.

I hope this will give you another "string to you bow" so to speak and that you would not think that it is just the south that can give you what you are asking for

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,555 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: couple in search of beautiful scenery & some peace/quiet

Hi Cardiff...

I agree with Sparhawk, you couldn't have a better base than Puerto de la Cruz.....the scenery in the north is stunning with Teide always watching you ....and here is a little taster of the lovely town of Orotava, just about a 15 minute drive from Puerto ...view it on full screen........

slideshare.net/arturo.a.c/paseando-por-la-vi…

You are near to lovely places to visit as Sparhawk has already suggested .....and Taganana, stopping at Mirador Pico del Ingles ... the most wonderful views......then on to Playa de Benijo where you will eat a simple meal of fish that you will never forget ! Well I havent and it was a little while back now !

Go on Google Earth and see for yourself ...I was surprised that you could get the virtual road views for such way out places .....

Sylla

London, England
Level Contributor
7,854 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: couple in search of beautiful scenery & some peace/quiet

I agree with the other comments and good suggestions on here. The north of the island is the only place to be. If you are hiring a car, then you will be able to visit the south of the island.

However, once you do, you will be glad you chose to stay in the beautiful north.

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: couple in search of beautiful scenery & some peace/quiet

Hi again Cardiff Welsh Willow,

As you can see everybody has their own view of the best areas to stay. I love visiting the North for day trips but its the South for me every time for the vast range of facilities, restaurants, activities and entertainment both in the touristic areas and the lovely local traditional villages and fishing villages. If you let us know what YOU like to do on your holiday both during the day and in the evening we can help you to decide further.

Nelly

7. Re: couple in search of beautiful scenery & some peace/quiet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2010, 06:22