We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is there to do?

Bedford
Level Contributor
226 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What is there to do?

Hey

My girlfriend and i are comming to the south of tenerife in april staying in a friends apartment in golf del dur. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what there is to do or see in the south of the island? We are not able to hire a car so tips on getting around would also be great. Is there anywhere to swim with dolphins as this is something my girlfriend would love to do?

Thanks alot

Alex

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is there to do?

Hi Alex,

If you have a look in the FAQs at the top of the page you will get lots of information about the vast range of things to do and see in the south of the island (or trips from the south). Here is a link -

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187479-i153-k26…

and here is a resume -

Mount Teide (highest peak in Spain), Masca (lovely village in mountains), Piramides de Guimar, Los Gigantes famous cliffs, Island Tours, local villages and towns to explore.

Loro Parque in the North(collection of parrots with dolphin, whale, sea lion shows), Eagle/Jungle Park (zoo with lions, tigers, birds of prey), Animal Farm, Camel Park, Monkey Park

Moto Cross, Go Karting, Quad Biking, Raft Biking, Horse Riding, Walking, Hiking, Climbing, Paragliding

Whale watching, Parascending, Jet Bikes, Bob Dive, Scuba Diving, Sport Fishing, Submarine Safari, Power boat training, Catamaran, Glass Bottom boat

Siam Park (largest, most amazing water park in Europe with world record rides) and Aqualand (suitable for smaller children).

Spas, Medieval night, Sound of the Musicals, Airam musical.

There is a great bus service or organised trips - have a look at www.titsa.com for bus details and www.tenerifesunshine.com for excursions.

I'm not sure about swimming with dolphins - Tenerife sunshine should keep you right about that.

Hope this helps

Nelly

2. Re: What is there to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2010, 19:16
Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is there to do?

Ah well you learn something every day, I didn't know it was illegal. Nor did I know that you could get so involved with the dolphins at Agualand. Good news!

Cheers Tenerifesunshine

Nelly

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,613 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is there to do?

I think a must is Siam Parc ,but do check out prices before you book ,places like Tenerife Sunshine will offer better ticket prices than your tour reps .

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is there to do?

Hi Alex, so you see there is plenty to do, more than enough for one holiday, which is why so many of us return year after year. My favorite is Loro Parque, I could sand and watch the penguins all day. Have a great time.

6. Re: What is there to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2010, 05:16