We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday to tenerife

somerset
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
holiday to tenerife

Hiya,

Can anyone suggest a place in tenerife that is a typical in canarian style away from all the tourism of playa de las americas sutible for a day trip

many thanks x

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday to tenerife

Hi Somersetpanda

You could look at La Orotava near Purto de la Cruz as it could be the type of town that would suit you or if you wanted a resort that is traditional look at Puerto de la cruz for a mixture of little plazas and quiet bars that would give you plenty to see on a day trip {you could at a push do both. I do hope that others will also give ideas of other places so at least you will have a collection to choose from

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday to tenerife

Hi,

Can I recommend that you look at the suggestions in this link which gives a flavour of a variety of towns and villages under the banner of "The Real Tenerife"

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187479-c99461/Tene…

There are many canarian style villages even a short distance away from Playa de las Americas, for example Valle de San Lorenzo, Arona, Villaflor but to be honest, especially as the shops shut from 1 - 5pm I'm not sure that there would be much to keep you occupied for a day.

Nelly

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,358 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday to tenerife

Hi again somersetpanda

If I remember from your previous posts you will be on your own as OH is skiing and staying around the PdlA area. Unless you want to spend the whole day travelling around on the bus I personally would forget visiting the north and perhaps leave that for another trip.

May I suggest you visit Las Galletas which is just a short bus drive down the coast. If you were to arrive around 11.00 you could spend a couple of hours around the shops before they close for siesta, then have lunch at one of the lovely little cafes around the harbour - lots of good fresh fish restaurants and because it is Spanish, very reasonably priced. You can then chill out on the small beach for a couple of hours until the shops open again at 4.30-5.00 and the place gets really busy. Depending when you go, there is often entertainment in the main street (a stage is permanently erected) and you can see anything from pop groups to Dixieland jazz.

somerset
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday to tenerife

Hiya,

Thankyou for these suggestions i am looking forward to this holiday so much

x

somerset
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday to tenerife

Hi,

Where abouts do i get the bus to las Galletas?? and how often do te buses run

many thanks

x

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,358 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: holiday to tenerife

Hi,

You can find all the bus timetables on the Titsa website but hopefully this link will be more relevant to you and save you searching too much.

www.titsa.com/correspondencias.asp?idc=7142#

If you are staying in Las Americas this shows a list of buses that leave the bus station - each bus line/number is a link, so they will take you to specific routes for example if you wanted to spend a day in Santa Cruz, just click where it says 110 and it will give you all the information you need.

For Las Galletas you have two choices from Las Americas either the 467 or 473 (I know it doesn´t look as if it goes to Las Galletas but it does honest LOL)

http://www.titsa.com/fichaLinea.asp?idl=473

You might also consider a day in El Medano but just remember being very Spanish towns these all close at lunchtime.

I should also have said that you do not necessarily have to get the bus at the station depending where you are staying, you may find a stop closer to your accommodation, it´s just a matter of clicking on the stops to see where they are. Hope this makes sense, it is easier to do than explain !!!

Edited: 22 March 2010, 08:16
7. Re: holiday to tenerife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2010, 06:16