We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No Air-con ???????????

cork
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
No Air-con ???????????

Hello all.

I am staying in Parque Sanitago 3 in the last 2 weeks in june. We dont have any air- con. Does any know or who have stayed in these appartment how hot would the appartments be at night.???

I dunno if it was a mistake booking appartment with no air-con. I will be ok but its just the girlfriend and our daughter, On all our previous holidays we had air-con and she used have it on all the time, I use to be freezing lol.

Oya and if you know this area could you tell me were I can buy fans not to exspensive though.

Thanks all

cork
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No Air-con ???????????

And could someone give me a rough price on a taxi from the airport(south) to these appartment, thanks, dont want to be ripped off

Cheers

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,995 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No Air-con ???????????

Hi

I would suggest you have a look at this recent thread tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g562820-i9676-k3… while I appreciate the discussion is about October, there will be little difference in the weather in June, as 4 out of the 5 replies say they didn´t feel a need for air con and I don´t know many locals who have it.

I would suggest however should your girlfriend need additional fans you hire rather than buy. Here is a link to a reputable hire company www.premier-rentals-tenerife.com/index.htm

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,995 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No Air-con ???????????

Sorry just spotted your second question, taxi will be about €25 max.

dublin
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: No Air-con ???????????

We Have stayed in Parque Santiago 3 a lot and it can be quite warm at night but we never really use them at all. There's two doors theres a double doors on the inside and a wooden door with air holes on the outside so you can easily leave the double doors open because its very safe and the outside wooden one will be locked. You could leave the double door open in the day either its very safe . A taxi cost us 24 euro - 25 euro. PS3 is great. Enjoy .

cork
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No Air-con ???????????

Thanks lads for the advice. think I might look into booking a fan or a portable AC unit. I will see after the first night.

Thanks Again

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No Air-con ???????????

Hi Mr Lazy

Well, I'm in the air con brigade. I really do think it is great and having stayed in hotels mostly of late have always had it. But, we are going in June (after not being able to get there in April because of the volcano) and we are in an apartment which doesn't have air con. This will be a first for us, so we'll see how I get on without it ..........................................................

If you are on a high floor it would be good to leave the patio doors open to the bedroom at night for a bit of a breeze which will help.

up north
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No Air-con ???????????

i think having the option of air con is great just in case. we have used them in november sometimes depending on with which way our room faced regarding the sun.

fans just blow the air around and seem a waste of time and money.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No Air-con ???????????

Remember as you leave your apartment shut all doors and windows dont be tempted to leave them open ,Make sure you close the curtains (and liners if they have any ) this will keep out the sun /heat slightly which does help ,once your back in open everything up so that if there is a breeze it blows through same before you retire ,but remember to close up before you retire .

Also adds to the heat of your room ,hairdriers ,irons,and cooking ,if yourself catering you cant always avoid cooking but as for ironing and hairdrying if possible do it outside if theres a plug near enough ,i do my ironing sat at the patio /balcony table place a towel on said table and iron away with a nice cold drink and maybe a great view .

FANS IMO add to the heat from there motors and only circulate the warm air thats in the room.

AIR CON units can be hired but at a big cost from hire shops .

Have a fantastic time

cork
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: No Air-con ???????????

Thanks for the advice all. Ya I check out the website for premier rentals tenerife that Aguilas gave me (thanks great help) and you can rent a Air-Con unit for €75 for two weeks, thats not bad like, it works out bout €5 per day, cant complain if it does the job.

Thanks again

Edited: 03 May 2010, 16:38
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: No Air-con ???????????

We are going in June too and have no air con.

Let us know whether the portable unit is any good.