We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in santiago del teide HELPPPPPPP

manchester
Level Contributor
256 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
weather in santiago del teide HELPPPPPPP

great looking site and some great info :D

i am a regular to costa adeje and love tenerife as a whole

this year think about going to The Playa La Arena Hotel is situated in Santiago del Teide, my one worry is that it will be to close to Teide and very cloudy??????? any one give me any info about the hotel or the weather expectations, going on 1st august for 2 weeks

thanks in advance

paul

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,128 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in santiago del teide HELPPPPPPP

Nobody can possibly say now what the weather will be like next August, whether in Santiago del Teide or in Manchester.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in santiago del teide HELPPPPPPP

Hi Paul

The weather in August accross the island is normally around the mid 30's on thr coast, OK it may be a bit cooler where you are staying but IMHO I do believe that you should have temps around the high 20 / low 30's during the day and mid 20's at night. While you may {and I do mean may} have some cloud you are not in a valley so any cloud should quickly pass.

I would say {with respect} that the other poster on this thread seems to delight in possibly a logical answer toyour question but does not help in any way to give you any idea of the general weather pattern

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

manchester
Level Contributor
256 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in santiago del teide HELPPPPPPP

thanks for the reply...

i know we cant forecast the weather in advance but it was a "general" view on if its "usually" cloudy

as long as its not KNOWN to have cloudy problems thats great, sun sun sun sun sun is what we love lol

thinking of staying at the playa la arena, any comments on this place?

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in santiago del teide HELPPPPPPP

Sorry Paul

It is not a place we have stayed at but I would hope that there will be someone that can give you the run down of the hotel and area

Sparhawk1

Puerto de la Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in santiago del teide HELPPPPPPP

Hi, You're not close to Teide at all - even if you were Teide actually has the most sunshine of anywhere on the island because it's above the clouds most of the time.

The hotel is situated in Santiago del Teide which is the name of the municipality and the main town which is in the hills, so don't look at weather forecasts for Santiago del Teide. Playa de la Arena is on the coast and temps are very, very different.

Playa de la Arena and that area of the south west coast is probably the second best place for sunshine on Tenerife and although as sydneynick says you can't predict the weather anywhere, in August the chances are within a short time you'll be complaining that it's too hot.

I really wouldn't worry.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,667 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in santiago del teide HELPPPPPPP

Hi Paul ....

I have put my answer to you on your other thread ....and as Gusto says ...this area Playa la Arena/Puerto Santiago/LosGigantes ...whatever you want to name it ...does seem to be the hottest area ...

Sylla

7. Re: weather in santiago del teide HELPPPPPPP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2010, 06:39