We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Speed from Tenerife to Gran Canaria n october ?

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
263 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
High Speed from Tenerife to Gran Canaria n october ?

Hello from Greece ...

is there a high speed or something from tenerife to gran canaria ?

i want to visit the orchids house there

thank you for your help ...

angela

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,370 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High Speed from Tenerife to Gran Canaria n october ?

Binter have two flights a day from Tenerife South airport to Gran Canaria, flights are approx 30 mins or you can get the ferry from Santa Cruz which takes either 1 hour or 3 hours depending which you choose. You will then have approx an hours journey to

Not knowing what your interest in orchids is (perhaps you are doing a specific study) but you should also visit the Orchid House at Loro Parque and the Botanical Gardens both in Puerto de la Cruz where you will find lots of orchids. So unless you particularly want to visit Gran Canaria you will find lots of specimens here in Tenerife.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,666 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High Speed from Tenerife to Gran Canaria n october ?

Hi Angela ...

Here is info about traveling between the islands .....your quickest would be by air ... are you planning to stay on Gran Canaria ? Remember once you are there, I believe your orchids are in the south of the island so more traveling time ...

www.canaryforum.com/betweenislands.html

If it is orchids you are interested in you can visit a lovely garden on the island of Tenerife , situated in the beautiful town of Puerto de la Cruz in the north of the island ....the garden is called Sitio Litre and if you look at my photos on my profile page I have posted some photos ...many famous people have visited this garden , including Agatha Christie ....

Sylla

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
263 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: High Speed from Tenerife to Gran Canaria n october ?

Thank you so much for your help ....

I did't know there are orchids in tenerife to ...

Thank you again

Angela

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,666 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High Speed from Tenerife to Gran Canaria n october ?

Angela .... not sure where you decided to stay on Tenerife , north or south ?

As Aguilas has also directed you to orchids in the north ...so much easier than going over to Gran Canaria .....Loro Park and the Botanical gardens ...if you are interested in such delights , do try to get a trip there ...it is a tropical paradise .....if you don't have a car ...there is a very good bus service ...If you want to know more about buses , let us know and the bus people will be on .....

Sylla

Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
263 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: High Speed from Tenerife to Gran Canaria n october ?

Hello from sunny santorini...

We are staying south

The hotel we did choose is the San blas resort

Do you think is good?

We are going to have a car for all 10 days

Today we purchase our tickets 68 days to go :)

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,370 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: High Speed from Tenerife to Gran Canaria n october ?

Hi Angela

If you mean the San Blas Reserva Ambiental then the reviews are very good. I am also attaching a link to what I thought when I visited shortly after it opened.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187479-i153-k30…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g635888-d1…

If however you mean San Blas Plaza in the Golf del Sur there are various accommodations close by, so would need more detail before I could comment.

7. Re: High Speed from Tenerife to Gran Canaria n october ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2011, 05:18