We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sound of the musicals

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
sound of the musicals

Hi ,we are off to los cristianos on 3rd oct and fancy going to see the sound of the musical's, can we make our own way there by taxi and if so how much are we looking at? Also is it worth upgrading?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1 post
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sound of the musicals

I although we got a coach there I would guess about 8-10 euros.

The show was £48 euros including coach travel, was a little surprised to see it was basically in a big hut, first half was good with comedy parts (didnt take itself too seriously) and small cast (we thought would be more like a theatre). I will also happily put 100 quid on show being mimed, it wasn't obvious but there were a tell tale signs.

Was ok night, not worth the money though.

Kilmarnock, East...
Level Contributor
187 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sound of the musicals

Go to Rock Story instead, it was fab and the venue is too ! 25 euro a ticket one glass of champagne but no meal. Heard meal at Musicals is pretty dull

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sound of the musicals

Thanks for your reply's, can we make our own way to the rock story?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,470 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sound of the musicals

Everyone has different tastes and while the previous two posters were not impressed with Sound of the Musicals, I loved it. This link will take you to my review when I first saw the show tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187479-i153-k23… I have seen it since with the new line-up, different show, in January this year and it was just as good, although Sara was still in it great voice and Jason was still in the UK certainly no miming on either of these occasions. I had the pleasure of hearing Indianna yesterday she does a fantastic Lady Gaga tribute on the island circuit so I would be very surprised if this was pre-recorded.

I also enjoyed Rock Story again my review tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187479-i153-k37… post 5. Very different from Sound of the Musicals so can't really compare. You can get to both by taxi, the first one will cost around €10 and to Exit Palace for Rock Story around €6

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
503 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sound of the musicals

hi, must agree with aguilas,the show was very proffesional certainly no miming,and although the food wasn,t a la carte it was very good and better than we expected,even the lager was o-k.we booked the transport with our tickets but with hindsight a taxi is a lot better option due to the amount of pick ups etc.basically for around 40 quid you get a meal all you can drink,entertainment and transport there and back,some people seem to want the earth!i can certainly think of worse things to spend my hard earned on. garry

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sound of the musicals

Thanks again, i think we may do both as it's not to far in the taxi, thinking of booking with tenerife sunshine, did you use these?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,470 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sound of the musicals

Yes, while I am sure there are many good excursion companies around, I would only ever use Tenerife Sunshine as for me they are tried, tested and trusted.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
503 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sound of the musicals

hi again daney,we pre booked our trips with tenerife sunshine on line before we went on holiday and arranged a time and date for the tickets to be delivered to our complex,waited outside of the complex at the pre arranged time and date and a young man on a motorcycle dropped off the tickets as requested,best value and service in the resort in my opinion. garry

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sound of the musicals

Cheer's for that Garry, also looking at loro park tickets through Tenerife sunshine have you been there?

Malta
Level Contributor
341 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sound of the musicals

I went to Sound of Musicals with Tenerife Sunshine. Had a great time and got a great bargain with a child free with 2 paying adults, only on Tenerife Sunshine. Not the sort of shows you see in the West End but still very enjoyable considering a small cast of 6 take part who put on a great spectacle, no miming in my opinion.