We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ryan air

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
ryan air

Hiya just got back from Tenerife and enjoyed it so much we are booking again for March. If we fly by Ryanair (cheapest i have seen ) and go with only 10kg of hand luggage will i be able to pack enough for a week? Thanks

suffolk
Level Contributor
793 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ryan air

We are off to Tenerife next week for a week with only hand luggage. Usually only take hand luggage on ryanair and easyjet, but only for a week, no more. I am not a really dressy up person but manage fine. It is the shoes that take a lot of space, so have to decide which ones to take that will serve several purposes. Have never felt I should have taken more clothes with me. The positives are not having to pay the extra for baggage and not having to wait for cases at the airports. Sometimes saves a good hour. The negative is not being able to bring extra home with you, gifts etc. Good excuse. Sure you will be fine. Most people take clothes on their hols that they never wear anyway.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ryan air

Hi

I would agree with the above poster, best tip I can give is sort out all you want to take for the week then reduce it by 1/3rd re pack, weigh unpack take out another few items. Then and only then will you have the things you need for your holiday {works for me EVERY time :0)}

Sparhawk1

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ryan air

Thank's for your replys you have made my mind up, im not a dress up person either and i love the bit about not being able to bring gifts back ! yep 10kg it is

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ryan air

just another quick question can you use your mobile for music if it has flight safe mode on it?

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ryan air

Hi Daney ,just be sure you don't go over the weight as they are very strict. If you are near a Mercadonna they do a great Aloevera shower gel for 1 euro and their own brand of shampoo and conditioner for about 2 euros .In fact their tub of intensive conditioner for 2 euros is so good I brought it back.I'm sure you'll easily manage a week with 10 kilos .

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ryan air

Hi Daney

Yes you can listen to music on your mobile if it has the flight safe mode, I use it all the time :0)

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

suffolk
Level Contributor
793 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ryan air

Because of the size of case allowed for hand luggage it would be quite difficult to have over 10 kgs. This has never been a problem.

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ryan air

Thanks again for your replys, I will look for a Mercadonna, dont know if there is one near we are stopping at Castle Harbour but will look.I better get some good music sorted for my mobile then, more Elvis i think lol

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,877 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ryan air

Hi you can also buy a few extra things if you need them. MoMU and No1 are very good value.

suffolk
Level Contributor
793 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ryan air

On return from Tenerife the baggage size checker at the departure gate was most definately smaller than at Stansted, as our hand luggage fitted no problem here but on return we had to push and shove to make them fit and was very concerned we would be stopped and this was minus toiletries and some items we had used. Just beware,