We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on where to go

Manchester
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Topic
Help on where to go

Hi

I am looking to go away early next year with my girlfriend we are in our early 30’s. We are looking for somewhere nice but not over the to touristy we are looking for a place that has nice bars and restaurants but not blackpool at night and place that has lager louts and clubs etc. Any recommendation? So far I have the below

Porto Santiago

Los Gigantes

Melonaras

Any suggestions

Thanks

Cockermouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa de las Americas, Cockermouth
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help on where to go

Try looking also at Las Dalias or Bouganville Playa in San Eugenio

Costa Adeje Gran or Isabel Family Hotel or Guayamina Princess in Fanabe

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,877 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help on where to go

Hi, you could also look at Puerto de la Cruz on the northern coast. This is less of a tourist resort and more of a local town. Although it does have a large black sand, (volcanic) beach at one end and a sea water Lidon on the sea front. Puerto has some lovely shady squares with street-side cafes and bars. It is not as busy as the large sourthern resorts, and although it does have a few English/Irish bars and nightclubs it is more of a local's resort, with many people coming into the town at the weekend and evenings from the local towns.

Puerto has a good range of shops, bars and restaurants, with hotels on or around the sea front or in the La Paz or Taoro Parque area.

3. Re: Help on where to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2011, 06:17