We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Mago restaurant - is it in Adeje?

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
El Mago restaurant - is it in Adeje?

Always keen to try out new/recommended restaurants, I notice the El Mago restaurant is getting great reviews.

What is puzzling me though is that it is listed in TAs restaurants as number 3 in Adeje but yet the map location suggests it is just off the motorway between Santa Cruz and Puerto de la Cruz?????????

Nelly

Mentioned in this post
Adeje
Adeje
Tenerife, Spain
Puerto de la Cruz
Puerto de la Cruz
Tenerife, Spain
Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,859 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Mago restaurant - is it in Adeje?

Nelly .....a lot of posts on various sites seem to refer to it being ....100yards from Jardin Tropical .....near Gran Paella Valenciana.......and just past the Panorama Apts ....but I agree with you the map does show it to be near Tacoronte in the north .on the road to Santa Cruz ...!

Could there be two El Mago's ...one north ...one south ????

Sylla

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Jardin Tropical
Hotel Jardin Tropical
2,287 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
La Gran Paella Valenciana
La Gran Paella Valenciana
591 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Tacoronte
Tacoronte
Tenerife, Spain
Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Mago restaurant - is it in Adeje?

I suppose there could be Sylla but hopefully someone in the know will advise us soon.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,859 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Mago restaurant - is it in Adeje?

Seems like there has been a real mish mash Nelly with the map ....Hope this link comes up .....but if you follow the little orange man he will take you to El Mago in the north ( well signed across it's front) ...and I don't think it is the one posters are raving about in the south ..!

http://tinyurl.com/2fuuxox

Sylla

Portugal
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Mago restaurant - is it in Adeje?

Places with similar names aren't uncommon on Tenerife, there's another Mago in La Laguna - and mago is a commonly used term in Tenerife's countryside.

But I reckon the dining experience would be quite different in the two northern ones from the one the reviews are for LOL.

BTW - Carretera General Del Norte is well known for its restaurants, so I'm sure anyone adventurous enough to venture there would get to enjoy a good authentic Canarian meal.

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
B&B la Laguna
B&B la Laguna
117 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Mago restaurant - is it in Adeje?

Thanks Gusto - I thought you would know.

Now I wonder how we get that map changed for the one everybody is raving about?

One day I will try the restaurants in Carratera General del Norte!

Nelly

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,859 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Mago restaurant - is it in Adeje?

Yes many thanks Gusto ...definitely a slip up by TA with the map ....might drop them a line when I get sorted as I have only just returned from Puerto ....and it was as good as ever .....

Sylla

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Puerto Palace
Hotel Puerto Palace
884 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
7. Re: El Mago restaurant - is it in Adeje?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2011, 05:19