We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back :(

tipperary
Level Contributor
168 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
just back :(

hi all thought i would give you all a quick update on our 2 weeks in tenerife. we stayed in the Playa Olid apts on a last minute deal ad found them more than adequate i was a bit wary after reading some reviews but i'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for . the apartment itself was a large 1 bed with loads of wardrobe space, cleaners were in every 2nd day and changed the towels and sheets every time, emptied bins and the usual bits my only complaint was that the floor could have done with an occasional wash but thats my only gripe. to my delight the water in the bathroom was constantly piping hot no matter what time you wanted to use it as i have stayed in other places where you have to time your shower right if you want hot water. the beds had proper full mattresses on them and were the most comfortable we ever slept in on holidays. for 30 euros we were also able to get a card for the tv which meant we had b.b.c 1 and 2 ,i.t.v. and 3 other movie channels we were delighted with this as we are not big drinkers and most nights were back to the apt by half 10 with a tub of ice cream and watched a movie.we didnt eat in the apts at all so cant comment on food there but any staff we came in contact with were very helpful. these apts are up a slight hill so maybe not suitable for everyone. we ate out a lot and had not 1 bad meal... tony romas fab for ribs.... las olas in puerto colon were great for everything, the indian upstairs in puerto colon is also very good aas is the irish rose pub for sunday dinner. we ate a number of times in little italy and their garlic prawns are yummmm. for new years eve we had a brill nite in amandas show bar 20 euro got us a fab 3 course meal,party bag and 5 hours great entertainment def go to see the michael buble tribute act he might look small but he has the big voice and the guy who runs the show there does a great elvis. we spent our last day in siam park and even tho neither of us can swim and are in our 40's we had a ball there a must for all ages.the only blib in our 2 weeks was a trip to the medieval castle we were on the bus going there for 1 and half hours, the wine which was included was undrinkable, the food was distinctly average and it was very cold in the building the show was ok but very dragged out . the highlight for us was the drifters who were on for a half hour before we left for our buses. the trip back which took over an hour was made very pleasant by 2 young russian ladies who we had noticed managed to drink 5 bottles of the white wine with dinner and proceeded to throw up on the floor, on themselves and anything near them for the entire journey. need less to say we had 1 unhappy bus driver . however aside from that we had as usual a fantastic holiday in tenerife and i will be counting the weeks to go back :)

Cornwall
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: just back :(

Hi, did you use Home Away Holiday Rentals in the end? I searched them on here and your posts came up! We're thinking of renting a holiday house through them

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just back :(

hi , you mentioned a michael buble tribute concert. could you give me the name and contact info for tickets?

La Palma
Destination Expert
for La Palma
Level Contributor
549 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just back :(

Hi there,

Holiday Rentals don't check the houses, it is just a service that provides details and photos of houses available for rent in the Canaries. You actually rent directly through the owners. But it's a good way to check the choice out!

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just back :(

Sara,

there are many tribute acts on the island and generally you don't have to pay to see them, just buy a drink in the bars in which they are performing.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: just back :(

Hi all,

The michael buble tribute concert, was from the 31st March to the 3rd April...

and I was in La Laguna sports hall.

Regards,

Arantxa

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,544 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just back :(

There is also an entertainer Dominic James who does a Michael Buble show he works around the bars in Las Americas but also does several nights a week at Showtime Sound of the Musicals.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,146 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just back :(

Hi Sarah 4581 ,if you head down to VIVOS ,which is sited just over from Veronicas and just in front of Starcos areas of entertainment ,They have the fantastic WILDBOYZ on ,Marc the main singer does some fantastic "Buble" songs ,he does requests so put in what youi want to hear ,hes very obliging .

8. Re: just back :(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 00:19