We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

evening weather temp

st helens
Level Contributor
479 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
evening weather temp

Hi,

Been following the weather in Tenerife lately as due out there early Feb. Evening weather temperatures seem quite low, can't remember them being that low before. Is this a blip? Does anyone know how long this is going to last? Otherwise I will have to rethink the wardrobe!!

Thanks

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: evening weather temp

We´ve been here since the beginning of January and it´s only the last few days that I´ve needed a cardigan or jacket in the evening as the weather has turned more unsettled and showery and the wind is making it feel much cooler - especially tonight when I´ve been glad of a light jacket.

Just bring a couple of long sleeved tops and a cardigan or jacket just in case and you should be OK.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
331 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: evening weather temp

hi northern lass , sounds like weather front happening over there at moment , we were there 2 weeks in late nov/early dec and it rained nearly every day . Flying out again on 11th feb so hopefully this front will have blown over and blue skies will be back again. When are you going ? And where are you staying? We are staying at Club Olympus not stayed there before but like a change now and again

hope you have a great time

yorky

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: evening weather temp

Hi, I have stoped following the weather forcasts as they are often lower than in Tenerife itself. Especially if the details come from the North Airport. You will also find that rain can only last half an hour followed by a clear blue sky for the rest of the day.

Don't worry a light jumper is all you need.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,370 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: evening weather temp

We have been on Orange alert for rain and high winds which we did not get until Tuesday. …wordpress.com/2011/… Yesterday there were only a couple of splashes of rain although the wind was strong and it felt cold but looking at the thermometer it was 20C. This morning it is blue skies and not a breath of wind. You dont say where you are staying, the alert was for the whole of the island and I am in the south, so dont know what is happening in the north, suspect it is much the same as here.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: evening weather temp

glad to here this. making our first trip to tenerife tomorrow with a four year old and one year old. tempted to put their jumpers in.. do you think they will need them. we are staying at sunningdale village.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: evening weather temp

I´d certainly put one jumper in - you might not need it but you never know.

In Las Americas, there has been a reasonable amount of sun today but the winds have still been strong and making it feel cooler than normal especially along the front.

I´ve just come out to use the internet and have a thick cardigan on and have been glad of it. It has rained heavily a few times over the last several days but not for very long.

The local restaurant owner has just told us that the weather is set to change (in a positive way) on Saturday and here´s hoping that it does.

Edited: 27 January 2011, 21:45
st helens
Level Contributor
479 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: evening weather temp

Hi,

thanks for your replies. We are staying at Parque Santiago 2 not stayed here before. Stayed at El Mirador aparts last Oct and they were really lovely going back there in Sept.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: evening weather temp

This is our second winter in PS2 (here until the beginning of March) and we´ve already booked for next year. I´m sure you´ll like it - hope you get a nice apartment.

A little warmer this evening by the way - no cardigan just a long sleeved top.

9. Re: evening weather temp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2012, 06:16