We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best transportation for a week?

West Point, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Best transportation for a week?

Hi! I have a bunch of questions but the first is how to get to our hotel from Tenerife Norte airport! We are staying at Mare Nostrum resort and titsa's website indicates that it would require 3 buses! With a BABY and luggage that is not an option. How much would a cab be? Are we likely to want to rent a car while we are on the island for a week? We intend to do lots of hiking and walking to explore things.

Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best transportation for a week?

Hi Debbie

In that situation I would not mess around, go for a taxi, OK it is not going to be cheap 90/120 Euros each way {or rent a car for the week and drive to the south}

I think if I were you I would get the taxi from the airport to the south then once you are settled in hire a car for trips out and if you are planning hiking talk to Cyberhiker on this forum as he can advise as to best walks ect.

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
689 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best transportation for a week?

One bus from Tenerife north takes you straight to the bus station in P.D.L.A and a taxi from there to your hotel will only be a few euros , a taxi will cost in excess of 100 euros, I personally would never consider using a car in Tenerife as the bus service is second to none and very cheap when used in conjunction with a bono bus pass , hope this helps and enjoy yor holiday

West Point, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best transportation for a week?

Can we take the bus to Mt. Tiede?

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,023 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best transportation for a week?

Hi, bus 342 leaves Las Americas at 9.15 for the cable car station. The only bus back leaves at 15.15.

We always use the local buses, they are very good value for money with a BONO discount card, run on time and very clean. You can travel to all parts of the island.

Take care at Mt. Teide, as the air is very thin, you, or your baby can burn in the sun very quickly, it can also be cold.

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best transportation for a week?

I too think that the buses are absolutely fantastic on Tenerife. However, with a baby and planning to go hiking and walking it would be ludicrous to do anything other than hire a car. In which case you should hire it from the North Airport as I can see no reason for getting a taxi at over 100 euros to the south and then hiring a car. I (and lots of other people would recommend this company, Autoreisen) www.arcarhire.com/car-hire/car-hire.php

6. Re: Best transportation for a week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 21:15