We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best family 5 star

st albans, herts, uk
Level Contributor
122 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Best family 5 star

Hello everyone

I am looking for a good five star which is good for families. I have stated n Sheraton and roca nivaria which were both good. We are considering:

Bahia del duque on half board

Jardines di - child friendly ?

Sensatori

Abama

Dream tacande

I welcome your views.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,117 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best family 5 star

I've stayed at 2 of the above. First and favourite on my list would be the Gran Tacande. Next is the Jardin de Nivaria. Both seafront positions. The Jardin de Nivaria is closer to PDLA if you want to walk into it with the Tacanda taking around another 10 minutes.

Both are excellent.

I'm sure the Sensatori is much further out, although it does have good reviews.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,544 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best family 5 star

Abama and Sensitori are both miles from anywhere (even each other) so unless you are planning on not leaving the resort for the duration of your holiday I would discount these.

The Gran Bahia del Duque is fabulous and if you can afford it, which you obviously can, it would be my choice although I have only ever thought of it as a grown ups hotel - don´t know what they offer for children.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
731 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best family 5 star

Hi

We have booked the Iberostar Anthelia Fanabe Bay, Costa Adeje. Did a lot of research and the kids facilities at this hotel got a lot of good reviews. Its seems in a good location, walking distance to lots of restaurants as we are only B & B. They have just updated their kids club. We go in 3 weeks, I will write a review on my return. Good luck with your choice.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best family 5 star

Hi, I'm an Abama fan, have stayed 8 times, it is in the middle of nowhere but I like that, you dont have to leave if you don't want to, I have a 3 & 6 year old, there is plenty of things to do and food is great. We usually go out a few nights near del duque just for a change.

We tried Bahia del Duque last year and I didn't like it, rooms a lot smaller than the Abama, food wasn't as good however great activities for kids! I

hops this helps!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
54 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best family 5 star

Hi,

We stayed in the Iberostar Anthelia in October - Wanderlust you will be pleased to know that we loved it. Great thing about it is the location so if you want to go out for a wander or different restaurant then you can do so - I'd recommend b&b rather than half board for that reason. Service was excellent, I'm sure the kids club was great, our son refused to go but he enjoyed the evening shows, apart from the tribute to The Eagles - no actual eagles involved!

The Bahia Del Duque looked lovely - we had a tour round it, however price wise it would have been a lot more expensive to stay in any sort of a family room

Not sure what age or how many children you have, Anthelia has a duplex suite which is great if you only have one child like us, or does adjoining family rooms.

st albans, herts, uk
Level Contributor
122 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best family 5 star

Thanks for your reply

Interesting re tacande as it is also the cheapest.

Good food? Nice rooms? What do they have for a 3 year old child? Is there a kids pool? Are they heated etc. really enjoyed roca Nivaria but fancy coming back to adeje area again.

How child friendly is jardines do Nivaria ? Is it worth the extra money?

Thank you again

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,117 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best family 5 star

The Tacande have lovely rooms and also have available adjoining rooms if you have older children and want an interconnecting door. Food is excellent. We did B&B on one visit and then half board on another. Choice of evening meals was good. We enjoy fish and had fish most nights but there's plenty of choice. Breakfast also has a good choice from full English to pastries and smoothies.

There is a kids pool. There is also a heated pool and another pool (which was very cold.) You are given a card for your pool towels from the 'hut' within the pool grounds. Plenty of sunbeds, but it's obviously first come first served.

If the Tacande is the cheapest I would get it booked.

From recollection I don't think the Nivaria was as child friendly as the Tacande but it is closer to walk into Puerto Colon and the surrounding areas for restaurants.

Whichever you choose out of the two, you can't go wrong.

Santa Cruz de...
Level Contributor
129 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best family 5 star

Bahia del Duque for me is Awesome if you can pay the price. Also Costa Adeje Gran with familly and adjoinning rooms, But I still the hugest fan of isabel family hotel, it's 4 stars but my daughter is absolutely in love.

9. Re: Best family 5 star

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:40