We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

canarian/spanish restaurants

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
canarian/spanish restaurants

We are staying in pdla can anyone reccommend a good canarian/spanish/tapas restaurant? Dont mind going upto costa adeje or los christianos.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,619 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: canarian/spanish restaurants

The Watermelon in the San Telmo area which is sited between PDLA and Los Cris on the road above Playa Las Vistas heres a link....

…tenerife.co.uk/watermelon-restaurant/#comme…

Also up there is Habib an excellent Lebonese,and a very good Chinese The Slow Boat .....

El Gomero (closed Sundays ) sited between PDLA main bus station and the Police station ,excellent food but it may not suit everyone as the main customers are the Police (so if you've been on Crime watch beware!!!LOL)and Taxi drivers ,really thats a good guide to how good it is .....

If your near The Columbus Hotel ...not tried it as yet but my daughter raves about this place "Rosies" ,not sure if a restaurant or not as they have only ordered take out .As you turn past the supermarket at Columbus corner next is Las Vinas (opposite the California)then the Guardia civil ( yes another police station !!!) and nearby is Rosies Tapas opposite Cyrils hairdressers if yo have got to the Zentral Centre hotel you have gone past....

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: canarian/spanish restaurants

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g659661-…

Tasca Casa Paco is coming up top on Los Cristianos Trip advisor reviews - very authentic and I can recommend.

Ayr
Level Contributor
571 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: canarian/spanish restaurants

Hi All that glitters....,

You need to try a place in Los Cris called La Tasca Di Mi Abuelo. (I dont think many tourist freequent here) Its brilliant. Its quite near the bus station in Los Cris beside a bar called the Heritage.

There is no menu and the waitress basically tells you what they have on the day. Four of us have garlic prawns, chorizo in red wine, tuna and potato salad, black pudding stuffed with foie gras which was covered in sugar and caramalised at your table, brilliant!!

We then had steaks, canarian potatoes, cod with a caramalised onion coating and great wine. One of the best places we ate on holiday.

San Telmo area is nice for tapas but not really that Spanish imo.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,103 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: canarian/spanish restaurants

Got to agree Bob but perhaps too Spanish for some hence it doesn´t get mentioned very often on the forum. The name translates to 'My Grandfather's bar' and it has probably been around that long. marks out of 10 - 15!!

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: canarian/spanish restaurants

Or maybe the reason it doent get mentioned is that you all want to keep it to yourselves ? Lol ! Sounds right up my husbands alley he loves authentic Spanish restaurants and loves trying new dishes . Thanks for letting us know fatbobscotland :-) regards Deedee

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: canarian/spanish restaurants

Went there last Thursday with our friends who live in Tenerife. The owner's children go to school with theirs. Have to agree with Red Queen about the rating, great food, great atmosphere. I will make sure I go next time I am over again.

7. Re: canarian/spanish restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 22:19