We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Plan, Just A Few Questions.

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Holiday Plan, Just A Few Questions.

My partner & I travel to Tenerife for 8 nights very soon, we still have accommodation to book but we have our choices laid out, we have booked car hire through Autoreisen & have a few days out planned already.

We're splitting our holiday into two as it were, we will be staying in Puerto De La Cruz at the beginning of our holiday for 3 nights getting two full days there, we then go to Playa De Las Americas for 5 nights getting 4 full days there.

We will be picking the car up from the airport then travelling to Puerto De La Cruz, I will be using Sat-Nav. Lol. While staying in Puerto De La Cruz we're gonna spend one day visiting the town itself, a local beach & possibly the botanical gardens if they are worth it ? The second day will be spent in Loro Parque. We'll be having breakfast at the hotel on both days then eating out in the evening, any recommendations ?

After Puerto we'll be moving onto Playa & so far we have planned to spend a day in Siam Park, a day at Mount Teide & a day at the monkey park. Same again, we'll be eating breakfast at the hotel then eating out in the evenings. We may stock up on snacks etc if there is a reasonable supermarket near by ? Does any one have any other recommendations for days out ?

We'll be purchasing a twin ticket for both parks, I have come across this website but it requires us to select a date, do we just select the date we arrive ? Are the tickets open dated ?

http://www.attractiontix.co.uk/ Website alright to use ? It appears cheaper then either Park's direct website. Are there are any 2-1 Offers about ?

Our choice of hotels are as follows,

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g187481-d5…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g562820-d5023…

Good/Bad choice ? Got a budget of £250-300 for 2x Adults for accommodation. We have spending money of £400 between us, plenty ?

How is parking in Tenerife, any restrictions ? Do we need to take our passports/photo ID to the parks with us ? Will these we safe left in a locker if so ? Is it safe to leave our passports with reception at both hotels when checking in ?

Plenty of questions/info so thanks in advance for any help/advise !

Regards,

newtrippe

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Plan, Just A Few Questions.

Hi

First welcome to the forum, I can answer some of your questions. The trip north to south or the other way is no problem as it is motorway and well signposted, i would advise that you do the journey each time via the east coast as although it is a bit longer as it is motorway is is quicker than the west coast route. As for eating out you asre spoiled for choice depending on the type of food you enjoy. The ticket company you suggest is a good companyy so it is safe to book with them. As for the dating just put the start date of your hoildaay as they are valid for up to 90 days, you will not need ID or passport at either attraction.With the booking site for Loro/Siam I think you will find that there is not much between them and the Loro/Siam website itself but at least if you have the tickets in advance you bypass the crowds. Most hotels just scan your passports at check in and hand them back so book a room safe for the time you are there {only a few Euros per day}. If they do hold them at check in they will be safe as they are put awway until you ask for them back. The trips you have planned for Puerto are IMO spot on for the time you will be there and IMO well wrth it.

As for hotels you say about I cannot addvise as I have not stayed in them,but I hope other can advise. Supermarkets for snacks, buy local as imports from the UK have a hefty mark up.

If I think of anything else I will post here but at least I have given you a start

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Plan, Just A Few Questions.

Hi,

That reply is more then helpful, thank you very much ! I shall try & follow your advise with regards to routing options, the motorway option sounds better/easier. I'll go ahead & book the tickets @ the aforementioned website now then, thanks !

Just another thought, would it be an idea to stay Self Catering in Playa & just buy food at the Supermarket for breakfast or just eat breakfast out ?

Thanks again.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Plan, Just A Few Questions.

Hi

Sparhawk has given you good advice about getting to Puerto and about your passports . As to your hotel ,have not stayed there but it is is a good location for your planned visits .There is a a twin ticket for Loro / Siam which could save you money .Most people recomend tenerifesunshine as a booking site ,but you can find booking offices for outings around Puerto if you have any trouble .

Puerto is a working town , and in most places parking can be a problem . Not sure about your hotel , but be prepared .

If you are interested in plants , there is the Orchid Gardens , which is not as far out as Botanical Gardens

Hope you have a great holiday .

Edited: 05 June 2012, 17:25
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Plan, Just A Few Questions.

Hi

Glad to help, if you are thinking about SC in Puerto and both the price is ok for you and they have rooms take a look at the Cassablanca apartments. i have known may people that have stayed thee and everyone give it great reviews. you are close to the town with a good supermarket in the mall just at the rear of the place. As the bars and places to eat in Puerto cater for most tastes and pockets you should have no problem eating well but at a price you want to pay. As we do not drive I cannot say as to parking but I would take what a-freeman66 says as her would more than likely no more than myself about that, although there is a car park dow by the harbour area that I have seen being used well over the years. The link below is a map of Puerto showing a lot of the hotels and may be of some use to you

tenerifetravel.co.uk/maps/puerto_de_la_cruz_…

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Plan, Just A Few Questions.

Hi, the San Borondon, is on the edge of town. There is a free car park close by, next to the football ground, look for the small 'lookout' on top of a rock mound.

The journey from the airport is easy TF1, TF2 and TF5, follow the signs for Puerto. However I suggest you take the second junction for Puerto. Look for the large pink hotel on a large hill. Take the Puerto road through Las Arenas, at a set of traffic lights turn left toward the sea front. When you get to the beach, sea, large swimming pool, you will need to follow a map, but you are very close.

There is a great beach here, in fact 3 if you walk along the sea front gardens. You are walking distance of Loro Park as well. And a 10 minute walk into the old town, through local towns with lots of local bars and restaurants.

I suggest you go to Mt. Teide and the National Park, and then onto Playa de Las Americas, as it will save you time and a day.

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Plan, Just A Few Questions.

I've an alternative travel suggestion.

You have a limited time in both areas so why not, when you are travelling from Puerto down to Playa de las Americas, go via Mount Tiede that day and save yourself a day to do something else - or maybe just relax!

I don't see the point in travelling back down the motorway and then spending a day going up to Mount Tiede and then back down again.

Hope this helps

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Plan, Just A Few Questions.

Hi again,

Thanks for all the great advise/help guys, its a huge help. I've looked into what has been suggested & have adjusted our plans. We're now gonna visit My Teide on the day we travel to Playa so we don't waste a day, does anyone have a rough cost of using the cable car etc there, is parking free ?

With regards to hotels, I've had a look cassablanca appts which look lovely & extremly well reviewed, only thing is it's £35 extra without breakfast, is it worth it just for the location etc ? We've decided to stay Self Catering in Playa de las americas as we're just gonna get supplies from the supermarket or eat out for breakfast. Mar Ola comes in @ £140. Can anyone reccommend anywhere else in Playa around £150-180 ?

Thanks again !

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Plan, Just A Few Questions.

Hi

As you say £35 extra without breakfast is IMO a bit over the top for the time you are planning to be in Puerto, ok if it was a week or two but even though {as I said} it is one of the better SC places with your situation I think I would stick to the one you first chose as overall you are not going to be spending long in the room. Whatever you choose to do with you whole holiday I do hope you have a great time and perhaps in the future would think about returning to the island for a longer stay :0)

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,492 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Plan, Just A Few Questions.

MareOla is right next to a large Mercadonnas one of the cheapest in PDLA and surrounding area .About 10 mins to the best beach in the Area Playa Las Vistas ,15 mins if you want to avoid steps .!0 mins to the area above Playa Las Vistas "san Telmo" which has some great restaurants .10 mins to The Paz Strip" entertainment area with some good bars with various entertainment on .10 mins for a bit of retail therapy at The Safari Shopping Centre ...

Other Apartments ...Parque Santiago 3 &4,Tenerife Royal Gardens

Other hotels ......near to mareola ,Andorra hotel ,Parque La Paz

A little further Bitacora ,La Siesta

All these are in a flat area ,only behind Mareola is there a hill ,all other resorts are easily accessible along the sea front walkway ...from Los Cris through PDLA and right upto Puerto Colon is flat ,just before Puerto Colon is where the hills and slopes start

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,854 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Plan, Just A Few Questions.

The MarOla as Oneleg says is in a great location, close enough to everything but quiet on a night, there are a few nice restaurants within a 2 minute walk. There is also plenty of free parking both sides of the road for your hire car.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com