We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you TripAdvisor ....

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Thank you TripAdvisor ....

I just want to say thank you Tripadvisor , and I will tell you why !

My OH has just been told he may need to start dialysis soon if his kidney function deteriorates more ....

I did a search on TA as I remembered a question being asked , and two hotel reviews came up that needed dialysis while on holiday .....I sent a PM to both , with my email ......I had a reply from one ....and the information he has given to me is so very helpful ...minds are now put to ease and bring on the holidays ....

So if anyone else needs the info I have been given please don't hesitate to ask me .....

Thank you TA

Sylla

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thank you TripAdvisor ....

Sorry to hear that Sylla but hopefully he won't need it for a while. Glad you've got the advice you needed. and can plan your holidays.

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
886 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thank you TripAdvisor ....

Admire folk who don't let ill health stop them from planning and going on holiday. Hope you both have lots of lovely holidays together. I agree that TA is a great, I am so glad I found it. Never go away without checking place here first.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thank you TripAdvisor ....

It is so surprising ANTRIM and Shallot what you can learn on TA , I know we "knock" it sometimes when we have been deleted , or we get a trollsome person causing havoc and we can't hold back at having a "go" at them .... but such information I have received today is so valuable , plus a new friend ...and I must give credit and thanks also to that poster for so much insight and a solution to a problem ...

Sylla

glasgow
Level Contributor
418 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thank you TripAdvisor ....

Hi Sylla, so sorry to hear about your husband but as the others have said, its good to see you are not going to let it get you down or stop you both from enjoying your way of life.

The Trip Advisor is great you can find out most things about your holiday before you go, from where to get a pint of milk to important medical information, as we have just seen.

All the best

jac x

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thank you TripAdvisor ....

Sod the removed posts and the trolls ,theres still lots of useful posts out there ....

Sad to hear of your hubbys condition ,having also impaired kidney function on my never seemly ending medical conditions it must be a very worrying time for you both .Mines not as yet ,thankfully ,got as far as dialysis ( scrolls up and down to see spelling !!!) but as said you must be worrying and thankful of members who can help in these times .

So ....not trying to teach you how to suck eggs... i have just used "All Clear" for pre existing medical illness's insurance and they gave me a great deal and an even better one for multi trips for a full 12 months ,also a further saving of 15% if done online ...saved £250 on the nearest other quote

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thank you TripAdvisor ....

Oh! oneleg ! insurance ! ;-(( got to have it though ! hubby's has just gone up to £291 annual ....last year it was £170 ...year before £80 ! ....BUT my new informant has given me lots of links which I haven't explored yet ...

Same here Oneleg hubby has not arrived at dialysis yet , so just doing some forward research ...

I hope you had a good holiday and "didn't" behave yourself !

Sylla

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thank you TripAdvisor ....

Hi Sylla .

Sorry to hear about you OH news , but glad you have got the hotels sorted out and are not letting it stop you both going on holiday .

Myself and countless others have enjoyed your posts and your knowledge , it would not be the same without you

Twisty Freeman

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thank you TripAdvisor ....

Thank you all ....I must say OH was a bit down with his news , saying "no more hols"...and he is not a depressive normally ....and is the one who keeps me sane most of the time ;-)) but with the info I have received we are all back on track ... ......... he did say I could go on my own ! now theres a thought ...nah ! wouldn't think of leaving him behind ! who would carry the money !

Sylla

Edited: 24 June 2012, 16:52
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,824 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thank you TripAdvisor ....

What sad news, he is such a nice man I always liked him. 8)

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thank you TripAdvisor ....

Thank you Aguilas .... you needn't be sad ...we are just grateful for all the finest treatment he has received over the last 9 years and the wonderful caring people we have met ....we are over the moon with the info received in detail from my poster informant ... and with the EHIC card Dialysis is no problem in Tenerife ....

Now I can pass on that information on the forum if the question is raised ...

Sylla