We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Pinta

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
La Pinta

Hi, I'm staying in the La Pinta in October for a week. We are staying 5th - 12th. We got a promotional deal, where by we take 3 hours out of our day to listen to a presentation regarding timeshares. So for that we got the apartment cheap, is this ok? We just want some rough views on the apartments and if anyone has been before!

Also I'd like to ask, where is a good place to get a tattoo in Tenerife, and without an age restriction?

Thanks Declan

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,544 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Pinta

Nice hotel, good location but having never stayed can´t say too much about it, other than I have heard they do a very hard selling pitch.

There is an age restriction on getting a tattoo you must be 18 and be able to show photo id. If anyone does not ask for this then don´t touch them with a barge pole - you might end up with more than you wanted!

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Pinta

Tatoos...remember they dont react well to the heat ,nor once done should you go swimming either in the pool or the sea .Its easy to pick up infections .Good advice from Aguilas ,you dont want to end up with Hep C .IMO not saying there arent good tattooists in Tenerife but i am sure they would give you the same advise ,Get one done in the UK if you must allowing about 6 weeks healing time before getting the sun on it ....wish i could talk you out of it ,

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,818 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Pinta

Good advice from both AguiIas and oneleg ... a pity your parents couldn't have given you this advice too .... I see you have stated in your profile your age is 14 ? may be 16 now if that was your age in 2010 ? I don't see how you could get a promotion holiday at that age ? very unusual unless your parents are with you and it is they that are getting the promotion ?

But that aside , don't spoil your holiday with your rush to get a tattoo ..As Oneleg has advised ...no swimming ..no sun ... and then should you get an infection , I hope you have insurance and your EHIC card ... DONT take the risk ! I am sure your Gran would advise you the same ...

Sylla

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Pinta

It's my parents that have the promotional holiday, they booked it all and I paid it as a birthday treat for my mum :-)

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Pinta

Thats really nice thing to do for your mum Deck ,you could do something more like that by saving the money on a tattoo !! Just for now at least .I really want you to think long and hard about it .Have a look at older people with them and you can see how they go ! I know others will say artists and inks are different now .But the sad fact is the human body still alters ,muscles shrink ,body shape changes .All which affect the Tattoos ,i had my first at "14" .My mother went ape some 4 years after i had it done ,first time she ever saw it .A beautiful Swallow (fashion then !!) Now looks like a "Swatted Fly"!!!.I have others ,a "Navy Thing" and i dont care what anyone says " You do have Regrets " .....

So if you must then so be it ...Just wait a while ,and then get one done back home .Where at least tattooists are checked and registered .Which i dont think they are in Tenerife (i could be wrong )

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,818 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Pinta

Very nice Deck ....So go enjoy your holiday ..and take advice from those that know ... Onelegs advice doesn't come cheap you know ;-))

Sylla

7. Re: La Pinta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 19:16