We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jet2

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
jet2

hi looking 4 a hoilday to tenerife for a week in early september has anybody got any views on ice lolly and jet2 hoilday always gone to thomsons

yorkshire
Level Contributor
512 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jet2

jet 2 have had flights only with them about 6/7 times and nothing bad to say, have not had a full holiday with them but i have booked one in dec with them, reviews are not bad, as for icelolly had no dealings with them so cant comment.only bad flights we have had were with thomas cook, about 6 years apart one to cyprus and one to mexico.i have seen icelolly advertised on teletext holidays but never used them.

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,693 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jet2

We have flown Jet 2 many times and used them once for a holiday package. I like them as an airline ,they've good baggage allowance and everything went as planned on the holiday. I am just after booking a holiday ,but I was just looking for a good deal with nowhere in particular in mind ,and although ice lolly were quite reasonable when I looked at TA reports their hotels/apts didn't get good reviews. Ended up got a very good deal through Travel Republic who we have used many times before, though it wasn't to Tenerife. Have used Thompson holidays a lot before and have always found them consistently good.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jet2

Hi .

Like you we have always gone with a tour company (Cooks) but this year we are going with Jet2 .

The price for the same holiday was over £200 cheaper ,with a larger luggage allowance .

I had checked Icelolly and found the choice was not as good and the price was nearer Cooks

We are going early Sept so can not give you any feedback on service ,but from other posts I am not expecting any problems

Cockermouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa de las Americas, Cockermouth
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jet2

We have used Jet 2 for package holidays several times and always had no problems and good hotel rooms as well as the great luggage allowance. They dont have any reps on resort to bother you either letting you get on with your holiday

york
Level Contributor
61 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jet2

We have used Jet2 for a couple of holidays and think they are great. They are based at Leeds which is our nearest airport, so that is one reason we use them, but also we find them to be cheaper than the other main holiday companies. The planes are modern and have plenty of legroom, ample luggage allowance and friendly staff. The transfers are included and are efficient. And the choice of hotels and apartments is good, from cheap tp 5star. Hey i should get discount for this right up! Seriousley, i cant fault them!

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jet2

i always fly with the cheapest and its always been flythomascook.and then booked a hotel on its own though we only need 1 week till we find a long term rent.

ayrshire
Level Contributor
355 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jet2

We used Jet2 holidays for the first time for our visit to Tenerife,we just returned yesterday and would use Jet2 before any other tour company.Saved a good few hundred pounds on our holiday,better flight times,more leg room,22kg luggage allowance with 10kg for hand luggage and the peace of mind not to be hassled to a welcoming meeting or to buy overpriced excursions!

north east
Level Contributor
720 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jet2

Always use Jet 2 (excellent) and book accomodation myself, last time I booked with an agent was 15 years ago.

High street travel agents will be a thing of the past in 10-15 years.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: jet2

i think sooner then that northeastpope i have not used them for over the same time as you i do everything over the net now was in thailand for 6 months and used it for our bass and when to around 8 different country's from there and all done over the net and a lot cheaper to, happy days All you have to is find who flys out of your airport go on line and compare prices,then look for a hotel this looks to beat most http://www.holidaynights.co.uk/

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: jet2

Used Jet2 many times both flights and package holidays. Can't fault them.

Get answers to your questions about Tenerife