We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clocks Changing & Weather

Hampshire
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Clocks Changing & Weather

Have been to Tenerife several times before but early Sept. This time we are going late Sept into Oct. Do the clocks move forward or back 1 hour? Also what are the evening temperatures like. Do you need jackets coats etc.

Many thanks

up north
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clocks Changing & Weather

i think its gmt all yr round.. never worn a jacket at night in sept myself but maybe a cardi for the ladies late at night.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
511 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clocks Changing & Weather

1 hour difference for the time you are going, when we change our times in october then it is the same.

south yorks
Level Contributor
493 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Clocks Changing & Weather

I thought Tenerife was always the same as us, I seem to rememeber being there when the clocks change one October.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clocks Changing & Weather

Hi

Unless things have changed in the last 12 months Tenerife time is the same as UK time summer or winter

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clocks Changing & Weather

Yes you are right skinnybob the clock will go back an hour like us in October ) An easy way to remember which way the clocks go is at this time of year they " fall " back an hour and they " spring " forward in the springtime :) or have I confused ye :)

regards Deedee

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,757 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clocks Changing & Weather

That's what I thought and understood , but didn't want to say anything until I had googled it ! but still haven't googled yet ! ;-))

Sylla

Fochabers, United...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clocks Changing & Weather

Not big difference in temps from beginning to end of sept

Hampshire
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clocks Changing & Weather

Thanks everyone.

9. Re: Clocks Changing & Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Tenerife