We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Cristianos temperature board

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
911 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Los Cristianos temperature board

I've posted many messages telling you all that you can monitor the temperature, live, in Los Cristianos by looking at the webcam showing the board in the church square. But they've taken it down! Hopefully, when they've finished the work on whatever they're doing in the square, they'll put the board back.

Sorry folks!

Delia

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Cristianos temperature board

That's funny! I kept going and looking as you had posted the link up in several places. I kept refreshing it as you suggested but couldn't for the life of me see anything in the middle showing the temperature!! I didn't like to say and look stupid! Thanks for clearing that up!

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
911 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Cristianos temperature board

I do apologise...I've been leading people up the garden path. I'd noticed this morning that it was out of service, but I didn't see till later today that it had completely disappeared out of the square. I hope it goes back up soon....half our offspring are going out to Tenerife soon and I'm their weather watch-dog!

Tenerife, Spain
Destination Expert
for Tenerife, Los Cristianos
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Cristianos temperature board

Just returned from Tenerife last night and can confirm that the square is being totally dug-up. There is a screen all of the way around the edge with holes in so you can see what is going on and they were pulling up all of the tiles/slabs yesterday morning when I walked past. It is not the only location in Los Cristianos with work going on at the moment, there are around half a dozen other areas cordoned off with digging work going on at the moment. It's possibly part of the face-lift announced for the town recently.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
911 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Cristianos temperature board

Hi folks

This morning I emailed the Hotel Reveron in Los Cristianos church square to see if they know if and when the temperature post is to be replaced.

We wait in expectation..........

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,103 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Cristianos temperature board

Hi Delia

The main areas in Los Cristianos are all being refurbished in order to statisfy the request made by the more discerning tourists who are looking for more than cheap booze and fish and chip suppers.

It will take a while to complete but will be lovely in the end. All of the broken floor tiles will finally disappear, new seating will be put in place and then everything replanted. Several million Euros are being spent and the timescale for the total refurbishment is approx 18 - 24 months. Having said this it will take place in small areas at a time so that current visitors are not inconvenienced too much.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
911 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Cristianos temperature board

Sound great Aguilas, thanks for the info, we look forward to seeing the results.

Fi7
UK
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Los Cristianos temperature board

There's an article about the work being done in Los Cristianos here

www.canarianweekly.com/localNews705.html