We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommadation in tenerife in winter

Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
accommadation in tenerife in winter

Which resort and which recommended 4 star hotels are best for January February long stays approximately 4 weeks

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,340 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommadation in tenerife in winter

Everyone will have a different option on this. Price is obviously going to be one of your main considerations for this length of time. Sometimes you're also better off booking it direct on the hotels own website.

If it were me then I'm aim for the Costa Adeje area as it's close enough to wander into PDLA and even right through to Los Cris. My personal favourite hotel is the Dream Hotel Gran Tacande and I do know that in the past they have had some excellent rates in comparison to other 4/5 star hotels.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,469 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommadation in tenerife in winter

You will "Definitely" love the same places as me ...well maybe not !! So what are you looking for ,likes dislikes will help others.do want want lively areas ,nice restaurants ,or more local and historical influences ????

Edited: 11 September 2012, 19:08
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommadation in tenerife in winter

thank you

Clive

Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommadation in tenerife in winter

Hi thanks for your reply we are looking for self catering not too noisy 4 star near to decent restaurants with liverly evening bars the accommodation is very important as we spend quite alot of time in it reading and chilling out quiet in the night is important too

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,830 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accommadation in tenerife in winter

IMO if you are looking for an affordable long stay you are better looking at apartments than hotels where you can probably do a deal. I would consider in Los Cristianos, the Paloma Beach, Victoria Court II or Cristian Sur. In Las Americas Tenerife Royal Gardens, any of the Parque Santiagos and Colon 1/2. There are lots of others which are also good, and I am sure if you look at this option you will get lots of recommendations.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accommadation in tenerife in winter

We do long stay and I think you would be definitely better in an apartment as I think you would be very restricted in a hotel especially with the food. Do take into consideration that it is much cooler in the evenings in the winter and you may want to have a few nights in. If you do like to watch tv or DVDs make sure the apartment you chose has English channels as they don,t all do. If you read a lot there are lots of places that do second hand or book swaps although I got a kindle for our long stay and it's brilliant ! The first time we stayed in Parc Santiago 2 but we faced the street and we found it too noisy. I think no matter what area you chose you will always be able to find good restaurants nearby as there are so many good ones.

Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accommadation in tenerife in winter

Thank you for your response it was most useful and supports other information we have received

Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: accommadation in tenerife in winter

Thank you for your help on the resorts and the different apartments it gives us a direction

9. Re: accommadation in tenerife in winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2013, 10:15